OO2 | Embrace of Night

"LANCELOT, NO!"

The man that was about to draw sword on Cecilion was suddenly pushed backwards and hits the tree behind, leaving the couple surprised of what just happened.

A shock of power suddenly came out from Carmilla's very own palms.

She looked at her dark clawed hands, surprised of what she have done. But then she quickly ran towards the blonde worriedly.

"Carmilla!" Cecilion called out to her.

Lancelot quickly turned his head up when he heard a very familiar name, but then hissed when a shot of pain cursed through the back of his head.

"Stay away from him! He might hurt you–"

She looked up to his lover and gave him a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, he won't do harm."

They looked at the man that was grunting in pain, caressing his head.

"Are you alright, Lance?" Carmilla asked, looking worriedly at him.

The blonde slowly looked up where the voice was coming from, he knew very well who owns that voice.

When his view became crystal clear, he was hesistant because he saw a totally different person.

She had silver white locks and crimson eyes, but she shares the exact same features with his old friend.

Lancelot stood up and stared at her, still making sure if she was really the person that he and his sister met from Castle Aberleen.

"Carmi?"

She sighed in relief, "Thank goodness, you can still recognize me."

The Baroque was speechless, he still couldn't believe that the person in front of him is the same Carmilla of House Ansaac from Castle Aberleen.

He has so many questions in his head but he couldn't let out a single word.

Cecilion looked at the both of them in confusion and a little bit out of place.

"Oh, sorry my love. Let me introduce you to my old friend, Lancelot, Baroque III."

Cecilion held out his hand for a handshake, "Ah, the famous noble swordsman from Castle Gorge. Pleasure to meet you, Lancelot."

Lancelot on the hand has his jaw dropped and glanced at the lady without acknowledging the handshake from Cecilion.

"Are you together with this demon?!"

The couple looked at each other and sighed, "I, uhm... actually a... blood demon now...?" Carmilla awkwardly smile.

Lancelot almost fainted when he heard that. He should have attacked them knowing thay they're demons, but he can't bring himself to do that.

His gut tells him that they are completely different from the blood demons he heard of.

"Its a long story. But first, we need a place to stay for the night." Cecilion suggested.

⸙.

Before they entered the town, the blood demon lovers concealed their true identities by hiding their wings and Carmilla's claws and thorned arms. Which made Lancelot amazed and scared at the same time.

The three heroes found an inn to stay for the night in a town near Azure Lake.

After getting into the room they're staying in, they shared a pot of warm tea along with their side of stories and explanations.

"After your judgements towards me, let me introduce myself to you then."

As long as he could remember, his kind have been living in the place where human beings lived. The opression of Lord Lava against the blood demons meant a dark future for them.

Some of the blood demons decided to leave the Abyss and came to live among the humans. They were eager to seek forgiveness from the King of Light, live normally and intergate into the human society.

"Cecilion."

A little boy popped on the kitchen doorway, the young blood demon walked towards the woman calling her, her mother.

The woman bent down to match his height and looked straight at his red crimson eyes with tender, but also full of sorrow.

"I want you to pick up some apples for me in town. I'll be making apple pies for us tonight, sweetie."

Young Cecilion's eyes sparkled as he loved the baked pies made by his mother.

He excitedly nods his head and quickly took the wooden basket, he was about to go out when the woman stopped him.

His mother slipped something cold on his neck, a necklace with a gold cross pendant and green crystal, "What is this for, Mama?"

"A gift for being a good boy." Then she engulfed him in a tight embrace, "Cecilion, always take good care of yourself, okay?"

The innocent demon nods and returns the hug, loving the warmth of affection despite of their cold pale bodies.

What Cecilion doesn't know, he will never get to taste his mother's apple pies, as well as her loving embrace ever again.

He came home with the apples that he was asked for only to see a big mess on their little home. With bloodstains splattered all around, the blood of his own mother.

They were hunted down by their own kind for being a traitor of the Abyss. His mother knew they were after them next, so she made an excuse for Cecilion to be away before they could even lay a finger on the little demon.

He cried for nights, mourning at the death of his mother and the rest of his kind. But he needed to survive and not let the sacrifice of his mother gone to waste.

Years later on, Cecilion was the only one left amongst his kind.

In order to hide his true identity, Cecilion lived in Castle Aberleen as an opera actor and tried to cover up all abilities and characteristics related to the blood demons.

He was gorgeous and elegant on stage, surrounded by thousand of people. But after every performance, Cecilion spends his night alone, night after night.

Not until he met the love of his life.

The lovers was surprised when the Baroque suddenly kneeled in front of Cecilion, "Forgive me for I have judged you!"

"I understand–"

He was taken aback when Lancelot holds his cold hands and stares at him with admiration and sparkling eyes, "Please tell me how did you do it!"

"D-Did what?" Cecilion was starting to get creeped out with the blonde's action.

"How did you overcome all of this, alone?! How did you become an opera actor?! Do you like it when you perform?!" Lancelot bombed the pale man with tons of questions.

He was really intrigued by Cecilion's life that he completely forgot about the existence of his friend.

Cecilion looked over at his lover, asking for help. Carmilla only gave him an awkward smile, making him sigh in defeat.

It was going to be a long night for them, indeed.