OO3 | Blade of Roses

Another day shines bright throughout the Land of Dawn, and hopefully a peaceful one too.

Carmilla finally got a chance to have a pretty rest again since she doesn't have to be bothered with her thirst for blood anymore.

She was the first one to wake up among them and she is feeling a little hungry, she's sure Cecilion and Lancelot will be too when they wake up.

So, she decided to take a walk out to town and get them something to eat. Of course, leaving a note for Cecilion not to worry.

Carmilla wears a black mantle to hood over her head for her to get unrecognized and quietly leaves the two boys in slumber.

⸙.

Both Cecilion and Lancelot woke up almost the same time. When Cecilion realized Carmilla was nowhere to be found, he instantly panicked, but then he saw a note on his bedside table.

Good morning, my love. I am going out to get us some food, and maybe explore the town a bit. Do not worry for I am feeling just fine. You seem getting along with Lancelot, so I'll be leaving him in your care so you can get to know him well.

- Carmilla

He feels awkward to interact with an another humain aside from Carmilla, of course when she was still human.

The blood demon still isn't used to think that someone accepts him regardless of his race, since he experienced opression from humans his whole life while under his fake identity as a human.

"Where did Carmilla go?" A groggy Baroque asked as he stretched his limbs.

Cecilion hands over the note to him, "She's out to get us some food, but I'm worried."

Lancelot quickly reads the note and faced him, "Don't worry, I think Carmilla can handle herself. Look what she did to me last night."

The demon sighed in defeat. He just hopes Carmilla is fine on her own.

"You know, Cecilion, I am greatly jealous of you."

The raven-haired man looked in incredulity at the blonde one, "You almost attack me, and now you're saying you are jealous of me?"

"Well, you managed to live on your own. You got yourself a proper job and made a name out of it." then Lancelot give him a deep sigh, "Things I couldn't ever do."

After the long talk of Cecilion last night with his life and what he and Carmilla have been through, Lancelot's thoughts about the blood demon in front of him completely changed.

Cecilion is capable of doing things on his own just all right. He survived living alone ever since he was just a little boy, and later on became an opera actor, he even became famous in the southern empire without a noble title.

The complete opposite of Lancelot.

Ever since his mother died, he stopped taking on swordfighting contests. For he knows his father was taking advantage of him and the money he won betting on Lancelot.

Because of the tests and tricks his father was giving him, he wasn't able to get to his mother's side until her last breath.

Until he reached the age of 19, he had enough of his father's nagging and forcing him to take over their family business.

After leaving Castle Gorge with no life experience at all, its been a rough journey for him.

He is gullible and falls to each and every scam, just like the lizard demon he saw peeking towards old ladies and gave an excuse as an inspiration for his art.