DARE YOU TO DOUBT ME | epilogue

epilogue.

*the following scene doesn't correlate with actual event even though the author adopts actual characters and place*

"welcome to the final race of formula one grand prix 2022 season!" a familiar commentator's voice breaks through the speakers of thousands of devices. his voice gives chills to the bone of f1 fans. "we are here in abu dhabi, a home of night race, about to witness history."

     "ain't that right," a second commentator speaks, agrees with his partner, sounding no less excited. "look at those lights, crofty. look at the crowds. think i hear their roars from the commentator's box. really, just look at how excited they are."

     crofty chuckles. both of them knew they cannot hear the roars because the commentator's box isn't anywhere near the bleachers and fan zones, but he understands him. "it's only been two weeks since the last race, but good god i already missed them."

     "a hundred percent. i agree with you a hundred percent. it feels like forever to wait for this last one." chandhok nods his head. his headphone almost falls off his head, but he holds them still. "and you know what? i feel like i can't wait for the race anymore. can we just start now?"

     crofty chuckles again at chandhok's remark. he's so excited that everything is funny to him. it would've been annoying if one doesn't understand why. "unfortunately, we won't be seeing soon because we still have 45 minutes until the main race. the teams are preparing. the night seems to cool off to be compared to the day's temperature. are we going to do a recap on yesterday's qualifying?"

     chandhok agrees as it is their job to do so, to keep people updated with the four-day competition, to not let people forget what happened for the past three days. it's not a lot but still an information to pass on.

     a voice of a director  through their headphones, telling that what they are about to expect next and instantly, one of the monitors in front of them changes to a replay of yesterday's qualifying. it starts with several cars on the grid, pushing the throttle to the car's limit and one of the commentators reports when they see the positions on the left corner of the screen shift position.

     both of the men continue to report the highlight of yesterday, commenting on several cars, telling tales about the drivers, talking about the teams and their strategies and predicting the outcome of today's race. in between the report, they talk about the drivers hobbies and their instagram posts.

     "either they ended up first or last today, i bet they're still having a blast tonight. i mean, who wouldn't?" crofty says. "i mean, it's the abu dhabi grand prix and the last race of the season. i mean, sure they're giving the race all out, but if i were there in the car for the last race, karun, i'd say i've already imagine the after party and my family's cottage."

     "i'm sure, not only these drivers but the crews, to imagine about being at home with their families as well. the race takes a year to finish. getting on and off the planes almost every other week. it's not an easy job."

     "i've been doing this for decades and still have a hard time to leave my other half and my home," crofty shares his very own experience as an f1 commentator. "and, karun, sure this might not the part of our job, but did we dare to talk about what we saw yesterday in the paddock."

     chandhok's face instantly lights up. "oh, yes!" he seems as if he knew what crofty was mentioning and gets excited. "thought you'd never mention it!"

     a memory of yesterday crosses both the men's mind vividly as if it just happened this morning. a word can hardly describe how ecstatic they were as soon as their eyes landed on daniel ricciardo yesterday (both men experienced it differently but overjoyed nonetheless.) and as if there were nothing happened, they started talking like old friends though it's hard to accept how ugly daniel's hands were.