Microwaves beep louder at night

Emma's pov
~~~

Ray and I go to the same college, Norman goes to one sort of close to ours, and Gilda doesn't go to college but they go to cosmetology school. Why am I saying what seems like unnecessary information? Well because it isn't unnecessary, Since all of our schools are somewhat close to each other we decided to rent a house together.

On this particular sunny night- oh wait that's not possible, let me try that again.

On this particular... moony?

On this particular moony night where the light from the full moon shone through my curtains I thought, "Hey, a nice microwaved chicken pot pie sounds good right now, let me go make one."

Making one was a bad idea.

After answering a few more questions on an assignment, I grabbed my phone and tiptoed through the halls to the kitchen being very careful not to wake or disturb anyone else.

I put the chicken pot pie in the microwave and sat on a chair next to it while I waited for it to cook. When it had about 30 seconds left to cook I remembered that I should grab a water bottle, I liked a post and then put my phone down. I walked around the counter to the fridge, then I noticed we had juice.

"I like juice." I mumbled to myself. I chose to get juice instead of water so I walked to the cupboard to get a cup, and that's when I heard it. The insanely loud beeping coming from the microwave.

I carefully put the cup down on the counter and ran to the microwave to open it. Why the hell was it so loud? It's literally never beeped that loud before.

"Why are you making so much noise at 2 am?" Ray asked behind me.

I screamed and then turned around, "Holy fuck you scared me, you can't just sneak up on someone like that."

"And you can't just make this much noise at 2 am, you woke me up." he said walking away.

"Well I didn't know the microwave would beep that loud." I said, throwing my arms up as I did.

He looked up at me through his bangs as he turned on the coffee maker.

"Emma, it's common knowledge that the microwave beeps louder at night. It's like that to get people, mostly kids, in trouble or cause rifts between roommates, siblings, parents, friends, etc." he said.

"It's obviously not common knowledge if I didn't know." I replied.

"You're just dumb." Ray said walking out without even making coffee, "You better hope Norman didn't wake up because of the microwave or your screaming, he requires a full 9 hours of sleep every night or his sleeping schedule will mess up badly."

"How bad?"

"Bad enough that he'd seem like a vampire or me."

"Oh shit, we can't let Norman's sleep schedule be like yours."

Ray hummed in response and then left the kitchen.

~~~

I never thought I'd write an entire chapter about how microwaves beep louder at night but here we are.