I don't know what to put for the title so lets call this one "Rawr"

Ray's pov
~~~

Norman and I finished getting our costumes on for the group "Dress as book characters" party and then we left the house and drove to Emma and Gilda's house.

When we got there Emma, Gilda, Nat, and Anna were all there.

"Where's Don?" I asked walking into the house.

"Oh he's still at home getting ready." Nat said.

Everyone stood around talking while they waited for Don, each person in the room making sure to follow one of the three rules they have for these parties:

If not everyone in the group is there at the party you cannot ask who other people are dressed as

It's a pretty simple rule but when you've read as many books that I have, trying to not ask is tough. Still, I kept myself from asking until Don came to the party.

An hour and thirty minutes later I had to hold Norman's hand to keep myself from ripping out my scalp waiting to be able to ask...oh yeah, and Don finally came to the party.

"Hi guys sorry I'm late, I had a costume problem." Don said when he walked in the house.

"I don't care, fuck sorry, I mean that sucks. Anyways, what's everyone dressed as? Tell me!" Ray said.

"What's wrong with him?" Don asked Norman.

"Oh, he's been waiting like an hour to ask what everyone is dressed as, Ray looks forward to these parties every year." Norman replied. "Everyone be careful, I'm letting the beast free." Norman chuckled to himself as he let go of my hand.

As soon as I was freed I ran to the nearest person, who happened to be Emma, and jumped on her.

"Emma! Tell who the fuck you're dressed as or I'll throw you out of the window." I said staring into her eyes as she screamed.

"Oh god! He's like me but scary, get him off of me!" Emma yelled.

Norman walked over and attempted to get me off of Emma, but he failed like the little loser he is, "Emma, just tell him what you're dressed as so he'll let go of you." Norman sighed.

"Gilda and I are dressed as characters from Little Women, I'm dressed as Amy March and Gilda is Laurie." Emma said to me.

My smile that I had when Emma said Little Women quickly faded when she said Amy March, I let go of her and sighed, "Not my favorites but I guess I can see why you chose them." I walked over to Anna.

"Anna, maybe you can bring my excitement back, who are you dressed as?" I asked putting my hands on her shoulders.

"You might be disappointed." Anna said, "I'm Bella, from Twilight."

It was in that moment I felt such disappointment that I went outside and stood there staring at a tree for 45 minutes.

I slowly walked back inside and walked over to Nat and had hope when, "Natty, please tell me you can bring my excitement back."

Nat looked at me, "Well you know that book you told me to read? And Then There Were None? Well I read it so I'm dressed as Vera Claythorne."

"Oh cool!" I said, "Well I'm definitely over my other disappointments."

I walked over to Don, "And you?"

"Uhhh- I- well I-" he sighed, "Watson."

I stared at him, "Pretty basic but not bad I guess, at least it wasn't Sherlock."

Gilda then said, "So, if you're judging our costumes, what's yours?"

I looked over at them, "I'm a lovely little character named Nobody Owens from the book The Graveyard Book. And Norman is dressed as the man Jack who kills Bod's parents and older sister and then spends the rest of the book trying to find and kill Bod who escaped from Jack even though Bod was just a toddler or something."

"Why was Jack trying to kill Bod and his family?" Nat asked.

"Because of a prophecy." I replied, "It's always because of a prophecy."

Emma looked at Norman and I curiously, "So, of all the characters you two could've chosen, why those two?"

"Ray seemed excited to dress as Bod, as for me, dressing as an evil guy in a suit seemed fun." Norman replied. Emma smiled and from there we all just had fun in our weird little costumes with not a care in the world.

~~~

I stopped the story where it was because it was at 696 words and I wasn't going to ruin that.