The woods

I was walking through the woods that lead to who knows where. It was dark. I was cold. I heard some wolves howling not too far away. I didn't want to be here. Out of nowhere, I had a flashback of how I got here in the first place.

School ended so I was on my way home with a couple of my friends, I moved to this village not too long ago so I didn't know this place that well. I heard stories of murders happening in the woods. My friends thought it was just a joke. "Hey what if we go down into the woods later! I heard it was soo scary. " he said whilst laughing.
"What if we go at midnight since by that time it would already be dark? " one of the others said but I really wished they didn't. I'm not like other girls who like dresses and make up so I agreed. It couldn't be that bad... Right?...
"Everyone meet at the entrance of the woods at midnight, ok?" One of the others said.

By the time everyone was there it was already pitch black. I didn't want to do this but I knew there was no turning back now. We walked into the woods expecting nothing and that's what we got. The bushes danced and swayed in the night time breeze and the trees attacking each other since there was no space to dance. "Hey I thought this would be more interesting! " one of them said while the others looked around. "Ugh this is so boring I'm going back" they continue whilst they turned around and started running back.
"Hey wait! You don't know the way back! " they screamed but it was already too late, they were too far away to hear their screams. Jake started running to Jason but ended up going the wrong way. There was only 3 of us left. I was so scared, I just wanted to go home and go to sleep. I was just so tired.

"This was a bad idea" my best friend said. I didn't say anything but I was agreeing with him in my head. I'm basically one of the boys so I do everything with them, I knew them like they were my brothers. But clearly that wasn't the case...

We continued walking expecting to finally find something interesting but then as soon as I tried to talk to Max I noticed, he was gone. I was so scared I was even shaking. It was just me and my best friend Jackson left. He looked at me and asked "what's wrong?"
"Max is gone" I replied with a trembling voice.
"What if the murderer everyone is talking about took him?" He continued " ah I'm joking he's probably fine!"
"I hope" I whispered under my breath.

Hearing a noise, I quickly turned to look at where it came from. "Hello? " I screamed whilst turning back to look at Jackson but now he was nowhere to be found. "Jackson? " I screamed "where are you this isn't funny!" I did a 360 turn but I still saw nothing. Am I really all alone? The answer was... No...

I started running but what I didn't realize was that I'm just running further into the woods. Is this my end? Is this how I die? Will anyone ever find me? So many questions but not enough answers.

I tripped over something. I turned to look at what it was... Bones... Not ones that dogs like to chew on but ones that look like human bones... I was terrified.

Out of nowhere Jackson jumped out of behind a tree. "BOO" he shouted. I screamed in fear and ended up punching him in the face. "Get pranked! " the others said whilst emerging from behind some other trees.

I ended up not talking to them anymore. I was on my own but I was safe. Who knows what could've happened in the woods. I should've said no to going there. I learned my lesson now and I made sure I wouldn't do it again.