JJ Maybank

【(A/N)】

I find that in most of the JJ (or just obx) fics I see, Y/N is always John B's twin or younger sister. I'm not like other authors, I'm gonna go against the norm, smashing stereotypes, breaking boundaries. Y/N is John B's slightly older sister.

(I want to clarify I was joking about the 'I'm not like other authors' It genuinely hurt my soul to write that.)

I realise (from experience) that no one reads this part so... anyways.

!! TW: mentions of abuse and drugs !!

Context: We're at the part where they just found the gold and are trying to pawn it off. (S1 Ep.7)

"To be honest ma'am, its really hard to see my mom fall apart with Alzheimers.."

You looked at the group, what kind of story is that?

The pawnbroker grunted and said,

"Give me a minute."

"Take your time ma'am"

She walked to the back of the building,

"What the hell was that JJ?" You whisper-shouted.

"That was like, the worst cover-up I've ever heard" Pope chimed in,

"Thank you, Pope," you said throwing up a hand,

"Quit worrying. Its fine-"

You heard shuffling coming from where the pawnbroker had left.

"..she's coming out." Pope said, moving away from JJ.

"So, I, uh... I talked to my boss," She said, making her way back behind the counter.

"And?" JJ interrupted,

"And, uh, this is what I can do." She said, placing 50K on the counter

JJ scoffed,

"Fifty thousand? You think I walked in here, not knowin' the spot price? Ma'am, I know for a fact this is worth One-forty, at least."

"Well, sweetie, you in a pawn shop. This ain't Zurich. Do I look Swiss to you?"

"Ninety, or I walk." The blonde protested,

"Seventy. Half price... and um... I don't ask any questions about where you got this."

You looked around at the others, you were getting ripped off but it was all you could get.

"I'm gonna need that in large denominations, please,"

You smiled, full kook

∙𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡∙