Chapter 3

The young woman remained standing in front of Aurore, acting as a shield for her, protecting her while staring at the villagers with a calm expression on her face which made them tremble in fear and confusion.

"Who is this monster?! Where did she come from?!" one of them asked, white as a sheet with fear.

"She appeared out of nowhere! How is that possible?!" another added in horror.

"She's a witch just like the other! I'm sure of it!"

"Another witch?! What are we going to do now?!" another exclaimed in panic.

"Our village is in serious danger! If it's like that, there may be many others like them! And they can attack us at any time!"

"What should we do, Tomiya?!"

"Tomiya! Our families are in grave danger!"

"Tomiya! We can't sit idly by and do nothing-"

"Silence!" ordered the latter in an authoritative tone.

Dead silence took place in the garden. All that could be heard was the sound of the strong, icy wind shaking the leaves of the trees and bushes. Tomiya looked at Konan straight in the eyes with a defiant look.

"Who are you?! And where did you come from?!" he asked harshly in a dry tone.

"Who I am and where I come from is none of your business," she replied with an indifferent expression which pissed the man off even more.

"I'm going to ask you this for the last time, you stranger! Who are you?! And what have you come to do here in our village?!"

"I already answered you... It's none of your business..."

"You wanted it then!"

With that, Tomiya rushed at her, running with his sword in hand. In a fraction of a second, he found himself nose to nose in front of her as if she teleported. Before he could even react, she punched him very hard in the face before kicking him a second time with her leg to push him back and knock him heavily to the ground.

Seeing the scene unfold before their eyes, the villagers took their weapons and rushed to the young woman to attack her in their turn. Before they could reach her, they found themselves completely paralyzed, unabled to move. It was then that they realized that they were wrapped in hundreds of sheets of paper that held them imprisoned tightly.

"What is this?" one of them whispered, not believing his eyes.

"Where did all this paper come from?!"

"Let go of us, you witch!" another exclaimed angrily.

"I find you to be very arrogant for people who only have a few seconds left to live... You should rather say your prayers, don't you think?" Konan answered in a very calm tone.

Suddenly, the leaves that firmly covered the bodies of the villagers multiplied to cover their faces as well, which made them scream for lack of oxygen.

"Stop! Stop it! Stop!" Tomiya cried out in desperation.

Seeing this, Aurore could not control the shaking of her body. The scene unfolding before her was horrifying. She couldn't bear to see these people die in front of her eyes. Even less because of her.

"Stop! We're begging you to stop!" one of the villagers shouted breathlessly.

"Why should I? You put on airs when the truth is that you're just a bunch of coward losers," she said, looking at them coldly with a hint of hate in her eyes.

"We're begging you! Stop! Please!"

"Konan... Stop... Stop it..." Aurore whispered, paralyzed with fear.