Chapter 4

Nov 6th, 2038

8:01 PM

Me, north, simon, and josh climb up over a ledge. "This is crazy...If they catch us, we're dead" josh speaks up looking back to us. "What do we do now?", simon wonders. "We need to find the CyberLife warehouse. That's where they keep the spare parts and the blue blood", I respond to them looking around. "Follow me", north says and starts running to the other side.

We follow behind her running around metal crates. We come to an opening through some more and north stops me from moving farther. "Watch out", she warns. We hid behind the box as a drone and two guys go by. "Now what do we do?", josh inquires to north. "I'll find another way", north answers.

We climb up and jump over a few more boxes and hold onto one that is being moved. After a few seconds we dropped down and started climbing over some more crate boxes. We come to a crouch, looking forward. "CyberLife warehouses...they have everything we're looking for", simon tells us. "First, we have to get rid of that drone", north comments. "Leave it to me", I tell her.

I preconstruct a path to take down the drone. If I jump to the right towards the drone, I'll be spotted. If I climb up the crate box and jump off of the one above that I can grab a hold of the box being lifted. Jumping off from right there would be too far. Swinging across to the other side of the box, I'll be able to get to the drone.

I exit preconstructing deciding that the path I made is what I want and climb the box in front of me, jump off the one above and hold on to the bottom of the one being lifted. I then swing over and land onto the drone. It starts sparking and a few seconds later drops to the ground.

"You okay?", simon questions when they come over. "Yeah...yeah, I'm fine", I tell him. "Good job, markus", north comments. "Quick, open the other crates and fill your bags. Take as much as you can!", one of us instructs.

We start taking the stuff from the boxes, but stop once we see another android looking at us. "You are trespassing on private property. Your presence constitutes a Level 2 infraction. I will notify security", the android says. "JOHN! Goddamn machine...where is it this time?", we hear someone call.

I grab a hold of the android, now known as john, and hide behind a box holding my hand over his mouth. I briefly hear someone's voice being muffled to the right side of the area, but don't have time to find out what it was as I keep a hold of him as the guy comes by with his flashlight. "First the drone, now this...just my luck", the guy remarks walking away.

We all walk out of our hiding places and I see josh letting go of someone. She has middle back length hair and is wearing a purple long sleeved top, black jeans, and combat boots. She moves to her left a little before turning back to josh. "We had to make sure no sounds came from the area", josh tries to reason to her.  "I was just out for a jog", the girl argues. My eyebrows furrow at the sound of her voice. "Are you sure that was all you were doing?", simon asks her curiously. "No, I was out to destroy the world.......YES, that is all I was doing was just out for a jog!", she sarcastically responds.

"Sorry, we had to be sure", josh comments to her. "Now if we are done playing 'jogging jail' I'm going to leave now", the girl says as she starts to leave. I grab a hold of her wrist, making her stop moving. "Let go o-", she begins to say. "Cierra?", I ask, cutting the girl off.

"You know her?", simon inquires looking between me and her. She turns around to look at me. "Markus?", cierra wonders as she pulls her wrist out of my hand. I give a nod of my head to her. "We can talk more later, right now we have to finish something", I tell her. She looks around for a moment. "What is it you guys are doing?", she wonders. "How can we trust her though? She might go and find that guy!", north comments seeming a little hesitant to cierra. "She wouldn't do that, north", I respond to her. "Really? I don't believe that", north starts saying with a shake of her head.  "We are trying to gather blue blood and biocomponents", simon tells cierra.

Cierra goes over to a box and starts pulling out packets of blue blood and anything else she can find for us. The others continue looking as well. I go up to the big box to find three androids. I free them and they walk out of the box. "That's all we can carry", simon speaks up. "Take me with you", john inquires. "He's on their side. We can't trust him", north warns.

Cierra stands a bit of ways from north beside josh. "And I don't think it would be a good idea having her around either. For all we know after helping us get what we needed, she could still turn around and alert security", north continues. I let out a sigh looking at north. "John took a risk for us. We can't leave him here", I say to her walking over to cierra. "I can just head back home", cierra tells me. "I told you we would talk more later, I'm not leaving you here", I reply to her, taking her hand in mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We can't bring them back with us. It's too dangerous", josh inputs. "They come with us, as well as the three androids up there", I respond.

"I know where you can find more spare parts", john speaks up. "What do you mean?", simon wonders. "The trucks. They're full of biocomponents. They run on auto pilot, but they can be driven manually with a key", john informs. "Where is this key?", I ask john. "Down there, in the control station. There are two human guards. You'll have to get the key without being noticed", john relays. "This is suicide, markus. Our bags are full. We got what we came for, let's go before they catch us", josh says sounding impatient. "This is a truck full of spare parts...there'd be enough for all of us. We can't pass this up!", north argues. "And if we get killed, our people will have nothing. We can't take that chance. It's too risky!", josh argues back.

"Wait here. If I'm not back in ten minutes, go without me", I tell them. I let go of cierra's hand and begin to move forward. "Markus...", josh starts as cierra goes, "let me go in with you". "No, I'm going alone. It's not worth it for both of us to risk losing our lives", I tell her and run to the building.

I open one of the windows and climb inside. I pick up a screwdriver and go over to the panel with a blue light, opening the door and stabbing the screwdriver into the power line. "Shit what's going on? Lights are still on outside", the men start up. They grab a flashlight and make their way to the fuse box as I make my way to their desk and grab the key. I sneak back over to the window and jump back out.

I get back to the group showing them the key and we all get into the truck and leave.

*back at jericho*

"A truckload! We stole a whole truckload!", simon announces upon arriving back to jericho. "We got biocomponents for everybody!", josh says next. "We couldn't have done it without markus", north responds. I walk forward. "I came to Jericho because here androids are free...free to live in the dark, hoping that no one finds us...free to die in silence waiting for a change that's never gonna come...but I don't want that freedom...and I'm not gonna beg for the right to smile, or love, or stand tall...I don't know about you, but there's something inside me that knows that I am more than what they say. I am alive and they're not gonna take that from me anymore...our days of slavery are over. What humans don't wanna hear, we will tell them. What they don't wanna give, we take. We are people, we are alive, WE ARE FREE!", I say to all of them.

I look around at everyone as they cheer and I see cierra staring at me. I walk over to her and grab a hold of her wrist. "Where are we going?", she wonders to me. I don't answer her as I take us to a secluded area away from everyone else. She gives me a curious look. "Why did you fight back against leo?", cierra asks me with furrowed eyebrows.

I pull her into a hug. "It's because I wanted to protect you", I whisper into her ear with a gentle smile.