I

This is the edited version of my first fic, 'Princess'. Everything is the same except for some scenes and stuff like that. Enjoy.

-

-

-

Harry groans in annoyance as his blanket is snatched off him, and bright light hits him directly in the face. He grimaced and slowly opened his eyes, squinting at his mother, who towered above him.

"Yes?"

"Get up. We have a visitor today, and you must be ready before they arrive." Anne ordered as she threw the blanket on the ground, no room for arguments.

Harry glares at her but gets up nonetheless. Anne smirks and makes her way out of the room. Harry clumsily gets up and makes his way to his dresser, picking the first article of clothing he sees before stalking off to the bathroom, where he proceeds to prepare for the hell of a day he was sure to have today.

Once dressed, he went downstairs, ignoring Gemma and Robin as he served himself some pancakes. He took the seat farthest from them and started eating.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious about this vital visitor's identity upon seeing how tense everyone got when they were mentioned. Fortunately, he didn't have to wait much longer to find out as said visitor rang the doorbell, or so he believed.

"I'll get it. Go to the living room, everyone." Anne said as she hurried to the door, opening it and greeting her visitor.

'Why must I be involved when I'm not even seen as part of this fucked up family?' Harry thought as he pushed himself out of the chair and into the living room, sitting on the corner of the couch. He pulls out his phone and mindlessly scrolls through his apps as Anne introduces the man.

"Harold!" Anne hissed as she snatched Harry's phone away.

"What the fuck?" Harry cursed as he stood up, his height allowing him to tower over Anne and the man.

"Where have your manners gone, young man?" Anne exclaimed as she roughly tugged Harry's hand so he was facing the man directly. "Introduce yourself properly this instant!"

Harry glared at the man with eyes as blue as the most transparent ocean in the world.

"Harry. Harry Styles." He said as he continued with intense eye contact.

The man smirked and leaned in slightly, "Harry...beautiful name. My name is Louis...Louis Tomlinson. It's a pleasure meeting you."

Harry rolled his eyes before turning to look at Anne, "There, now give me my phone back."

Anne huffed but gave – threw – the phone back at Harry.

Once he had his phone, Harry stormed out of the living room and into his room. He felt calm, too calm for what his head was telling him to feel. He hasn't felt like this since he was a kid in a happy, loving family.

"It's okay, Harry," He whispered as he wrapped his arms around his small, frail body. "You're almost free."

Harry froze as soft yet firm knocks echoed around his room. He slowly turns toward his door and stares at it with wide eyes.

Was he in trouble?

Were they going to punish him for misbehaving?

Did he-

"Harry?" A pause. "Are you in there?"

Harry hesitantly stared at the door before opening it halfway, "What do you want, stranger?"

"Stranger?" Louis asks as he leans his body weight onto the door frame, a smirk playing on his lips.

Harry stared at Louis with a bored and slightly scared look.

"Okay, okay." Louis sighed and straightened up. "Your mother sent me, something about sharing a room with you and whatnot."

Harry's eyebrows shot up at that, and his whole body tensed.

Sharing a room?

No, no, no!

I can't!

He'll hurt me too-

"Hey, you okay?" Louis asked, reaching out to grab Harry.

Harry flinched and stepped back, his eyes wide in panic as he looked at Louis.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Louis whispered softly. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

Harry continued to shake in fear as he guarded his body from Louis, his arms still wrapped protectively around himself. The last time he shared a room with someone his parents sent, he was hurt in ways that resulted in night terrors every other night.

"Can you breathe in for me, darling?" Louis asked.

Harry's eyes glazed over as he shook his head.

"Everything is okay. No one will hurt you. You're safe."

Louis breathed in and out, slowly allowing Harry to follow along. He smiled softly as the younger boy did so, his shaking lessened and exhaustion evidently taking over his body.

"That's it. Good boy." Louis praised, a reassuring smile on his face.

Harry blushed a light pink before sitting at the edge of his bed. He could feel how heavy his body was becoming as the seconds passed. He still had his guard up, being extra careful not to let Louis in but still allowing him to comfort him.

"If you're staying in my room, there will be rules," Harry said as he straightened himself. "Understood?"

Louis nodded and smiled widely at him, "That's fine with me! Go on."

Harry inhaled sharply and went to his desk, pulling out a notebook and pen, "First rule...ALWAYS have your clothes on. If you need to change, go to the bathroom. Please don't do it in my room. Ever."

Louis laughed but agreed, nonetheless. It wasn't his room, to begin with.

"Second rule, please keep the room clean. I don't like messes."

"Hmm, me neither, so don't worry about that," Louis reassured.

"Lastly, we're roommates, not friends." Harry huffed as he handed the paper to Louis, the rules written in small yet neat handwriting.

At the last rule, Louis frowned, "we can't be friends?"

Harry shook his head, a nervous shake in his hands as he looked straight at Louis, somewhat daring him to object.

"You were sent here by mother; who knows what ill thoughts you might have."

"Ill thoughts? Really?" Louis huffed but shrugged his shoulders in defeat. "Okay, whatever you say, your highness."

Harry let out a sigh of relief before making his way to the bathroom, "it's been a long day. I'll... head to bed now. You are free to do what you please; just be quiet."

Louis nodded and pulled out his phone, taking a seat at Harry's desk. Harry quickly changed into his sleepwear before settling in his bed, the exhaustion from his earlier panic attack hitting full force as sleep overtook him.

-

-

-

02-22-23