"Back to normal.."

Chapter 8

The two slept for a long time, considering that it was around evening when they fell asleep. Aether woke up at 6, noticing, that he's the only one in bed. He sat up, and heard some voices from downstairs. The ghoul got up from his bed, and left his room, going downstairs to see Sodo, basically bugging Swiss to hurry up with the breakfast. Sodo was being himself again, and Swiss just had to take it.

Aether was greeted by one of the ghoulettes, Cumulus.

“ Good morning, Aeth!” She smiles.
“ Good morning to you too, 'Lus. ” The ghoul replied. “ You seem to be in a better mood, did something happen?” Cirrus asked, with a forming smile on her face. “Nothing, nothing.” Aether replied with a smile.
The larger ghoul then proceeded to make his way to his smaller partner, who was kinda enjoying 'torturing' Swiss with his stupid comments on everything he did.
But the smaller ghoul froze in place, when he felt a bigger arm wrap around his waist.
Sodo immediately started stuttering, not being able to even end a sentence. “Awh? Why did you stop talking?” Aether said, tightening his grip onto the smaller ghoul a little, making Sodo's face go dark red.

Swiss smirked. “Not so tough now, huh?” Swiss chuckled. “Shut.up.” Sodo replied, making the larger ghoul pull the smaller ghoul closer. “Why be rude when you can be nicer,hm? Apologize to Swiss,.” Aether said. “..Sorry for being rude to you.” Sodo actually obeyed, causing the larger ghoul to let go off of the smaller ghoul's waist, and walking over to Swiss to check what he was cooking. “Whatcha cooking there,Multi?” Aether asked. “P a n c a k e s ” Swiss replied. “Sounds good,.” The larger ghoul smiled and walked over to the ghoulettes, leaving the smaller ghoul and the multi ghoul there.
“Seems like you two finally got back together?” Cirrus said as Aether sat down beside Cumulus on the couch. “Pft. He's still silent.” Cumulus giggled, looking over at Sodo, who was still quiet, and standing still in place, still processing what just happened. “ He's so red too-” Sunshine added. To that, Aether only looked at Sodo, chuckling to himself. “ You really know how to shut him up, hm?” Cirrus giggled. “Perhaps.” Aether replied, while leaning onto his seat a little, as he didn't take his eyes off of Sodo. After a little, Sodo snapped out of his small trance. Sodo took out a banana out of the counter, he then threw it on Aether, accidentally hitting his head. “Owh!" Aether squealed, as he took the banana that landed from his head to his knees. “But thanks.” The larger ghoul mumbled, taking the banana and eating it. 
Sido rolled his eyes,. The smaller ghoul walked over to the four, who were sitting down and sat down beside Aether, who made some space for the smaller ghoul to sit down. “Came to apologize?” Sunshine giggles. “Yeah actually. I didn't mean to hit you in the head. Sorry. ” Sodo apologized.
To that Aether just smiled. “Awe~ Someone's going soft?” Cirrus chuckled teasingly. “You little—” before Sodo could say anything, Aether quickly covered his mouth with his hand. “Mmhmf!!” Sodo tried to speak, but got muffled by Aether's hand. “Mh..” Sodo just got along with it.
“Sorry for him. He's just being rude again.” Aether said. “No worries, he's always been like that.” Cumulus replied. “Mm!” the smaller ghoul's words got muffled again while, he tried to take Aether's hand off of his mouth, failing. “No.” Aether turned to Sodo. “Well atleast someone can keep him in place.” Sunshine giggles. “Mhf!” Sodo began attempting to take Aether's hand off of his mouth, to let the ghoulettes have a piece of his mind. “Behave and I'll put the hand down.” Aether stated. “Mm..” the smaller ghoul leaned into his seat, defeated.  After a while of the 4 talking Aether took his hand off of Sodo's mouth. The smaller ghoul simply just leaned onto him. “There we go.” The larger ghoul sighed, relieved, putting an arm around the smaller ghoul. As the smaller ghoul yawned. Soon as Aether and the ghoulettes kept talking, the smaller ghoul fell asleep while hugging Aether's arm. “Seems like the gremlin is asleep.” Cumulus pointed out. “Awe, you're righttt” Sunshine noticed also. “ He's so cute when he's calm.” Cirrus added. “Yeah, we needed someone who could atleast attempt to calm him down. He's always all rude to everyone, so it was needed. ” Cumulus explained. “ I'll just put the sleeping beauty to his room, I'll be right back. ” Aether said, slowly taking his arm out of Sodo's grip, he then gently picked him up and Aether went towards the stairs. “ They're so Inlove ” Sunshine stated. “Love birds.” Cumulus giggled. “Oh shush.” Cirrus shushed the two.

When Aether got the two into Sodo's room, he gently put the smaller ghoul down, not wanting to wake him up from his slumber. Putting blankets on him, then gently placing a small kiss on the smaller ghoul's forehead before leaving the room, closing the door. Then Aether went downstairs to the ghoulettes. Soon after their breakfast was done, and Swiss put everyone the same amount of pancakes on their plates and gave them out. But only two ghouls were missing. The male water ghoul and the male earth ghoul, Rain and Mountain. The two were in Mountain's room, still sleeping.
However, that didn't really bother anyone.

After the ghouls ate, Aether went back to Sodo's room to check on him, noticing that the small ghoul was still asleep. Knowing that his partner was safe and sound asleep, he went back downstairs. And outside...

(Lack of motivation + I may be adding some light angst.)