//Till Death Do Us Part//PureCacao Angst//

Tw: Death, Blood, Mentions of an explosion

I'm not sorry

The four ancient hero's stood atop the fallen Vanilla Kingdom, trying one last time to stop Dark Enchantress Cookie's reign. Especially Pure Vanilla Cookie, who, out of all the ancients, was the only one who knew the truth about the ill-fated cookie.

Pure Vanilla held up his staff, his heterochromia eyes glowing with hope. Hope that, after all this, everything can go back to the way it used to be, with a little repair. His staff shared the same glow. 

A spell, one to trap Dark Enchantress Cookie so she can not cause anymore grief between her fellow cookies.

"Dark Enchantress, you must stop! You are a cookie, just like the rest of us! Whatever you are going through, we can do it together!", Hollyberry Cookie yelled.

...

Suddenly, a bright light, before perpetual darkness

...

Dark Cacao Cookie opened his dark purple eyes, covering his ears as they rang from the explosion. He looked around, debris flying everywhere. But, that was not what caught his eye.

Pure Vanilla Cookie

His watched as Pure Vanilla fell from the sky, a fallen angel. Dark Cacao Cookie felt as panic and adrenaline rushed through his veins as he caught Pure Vanilla before he hit the ground, and the other two rushed to either of their sides.

"Is he okay? please tell me he's okay..." Golden Cheese Cookie whispered. There Pure Vanilla lay, clutched in Dark Cacao's arms, Jam sliding down his head, his body crumbling. His chest was still as the man himself, which was not a good sign.

Hollyberry put a hand on his chest. The air remained stagnant as she uttered something Dark Cacao would hear in his nightmares for the rest of his life. Something that would crush him. Something that he wished would never had been heard.

"He's... gone." Hollyberry breathed, her heart feeling heavy.

"No... He- He- He has to be- okay....He... He cant be gone..." Golden Cheese managed to choke out, before being pulled into a hug by Hollyberry.

Dark Cacao just stared. He just stared at the lifeless body that was supposed to be his dear husband. The person he promised to protect no matter what happened. The person who had been with him for the thousands of years they had been alive without reconsideration. That person is now dead. Dead and still in his arms.

Now, they will never share a kiss or a cuddle, or comfort eachother, or wake up and go to sleep next to each other. Never again. Now all of those things they used to do, the things that made the sad shell of a man happy, is over.

Gone

Gone

Gone

That was the word going through his mind. A word that never felt as heart-shattering before, racing through his mind.

Dark Cacao stared at Pure Vanilla Cookie's corpse once more, gripping on to his small hand tightly. One of the fingers had a ring wrapped tightly around it. Dark Cacao had made it himself, just as Vanilla had made the one he owned. The day they exchanged those rings was the day of their wedding.

That's right.

Their wedding.

Dark Cacao looked at Vanilla's pale face, having flashbacks to their wedding day, when they had their vows spoken.

One vow in particular stuck out to him now. He felt as thought Pure Vanilla himself was saying it to him now, reminding him.

Dark Cacao burst in to tears so suddenly, his breathing getting out of control and his body shaking uncontrollably. He started screaming his husbands name, desperately trying to get him to hear, to get him to wake up. Anyone who heard it would be terrified, trying to find out what could make the normally strong and stoic king break so easily,

Hollyberry went over to the king, wrapping her arms around him and telling him that it was okay to cry, tears rolling down the cheeks of her own. She watched as Cacao stared at Pure Vanilla through his tears, the vow once more repeating in his head.

...

Till death, do us part

Wc: 650