26: Friend or Foe

Not so innocent ___________________________________________

Not so innocent
___________________________________________

"Are you alright?" Daphne asked, standing next to the bed where Astoria was currently sitting on, feeling numb and stiff after discovering the dead body of one of her friends.

Astoria didn't reply, she couldn't manage to so she just stayed quiet.

"I should've been there with her," Daphne mumbled under her breath while fighting the tears from rolling down her cheeks as well.

Pansy was never the closest to her but she was always there for Daphne during the lowest point in her life and she was there when Daphne desperately needed to let out the feelings she had bottled up for years.

But she was never there when Pansy was in danger to even contribute a shield to her safety.

Astoria lifted up her face, her lips were pale and there was no blood on her face.

"Where were you? You were never with us anymore," Astoria confessed the suspicion that had been rising in her thoughts lately.

"You were barely with us, with Theo-"

"Just don't mention his name," warned Daphne, snapping her head back to her sister as soon as Theo's name escaped her mouth.

"He means nothing to me anymore."

Astoria nodded. She was still curled up in the bed, not being able to shake off the sight of Pansy's body drenched in blood and it had been haunting her ever since.

Not even Draco was able to help her erase the thought from her mind and it had been caging her.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks again but this time there was no sound coming from her, just tears.

"I could've been there with her that night," she told herself. "But I was too busy strolling the corridors with my other friends."

Daphne didn't reply, she just stood there in silent, not being able to reply to her younger sister. She didn't know how to help her and she didn't know how to console herself either after the passed of their friend.

Pansy wasn't the nicest human being alive and she was no different than Draco or Mattheo who were known for their wicked ways but she had a dream and it was all crushed and ruined by someone heartless.

"She could've saved herself," Daphne spoke. "They found her wand broken, someone broke it."

"Someone was in her room?" asked Astoria.