41: Graceful Failure

The product of her decisions
___________________________________________

Clothes, books, coats and a spell book from the restricted section — all were put in her trunk at midnight.

Grace had planned her departure from Hogwarts week ago, she already knew which exit she should go through. She was very confident when she first constructed her plan but now that her identity as the 'naive Hufflepuff' had been discovered to be a facade by Theodore Nott, she had no choice but flee from school.

She was lucky to take down someone like Pansy Parkinson which ended up killing her but she was a fool to think that Arwen's favourite pawn could be lied to.

He saw right through her.

Everything was perfect. She plotted everything precisely from being Arwen's puppet to killing one of her loyal followers and to kill the queen herself at the very end.

However, Grace misstepped. She walked right into a blunder, she didn't know the possibility of Victor Alexander coming eye to eye with Theodore Nott was there.

It was the perfect plan to show her hatred upon the hierarchy that Arwen had set in Hogwarts and destroyed it once and for all.

Grace quickly grabbed her trunks and walked out of her dorm room as she closed the door swiftly.

She walked down the corridors of the castle with her trunks as quiet as she could be but she couldn't shake the feeling that there was someone following her from behind.

She didn't want to turn around, she was not willing to risk it.

This was her only chance to run away from Theodore Nott's piercing glares everywhere she went to. He had been keeping his eyes on her ever since he was convinced that she was the one who took Pansy Parkinson's life.

Grace didn't understand it. She wondered why people were angry over the fact that the wretched girl died. They should be thankful that she was dead. Nobody ever had anything positive to say about her but her fake friends.

To her, Pansy Parkinson deserved the death that fell upon her.

Grace picked up her pace and walked faster to lose the anxiety that someone was watching her from any corner of the corridor. She tried to lose the worry that was clouding her mind but the faster she walked the more terrified she became.

Was she followed this whole time?

"Is anyone there?" she brace herself to ask, turning around to look at the empty dark corridor in which she stood alone.

Her breath ragged with anxiousness once she realised she was the only one there, shouting at the void.

Grace continued walking down the corridor trying to shake off the feeling that she was followed. She told herself that it was probably just her imagining things.

She had always imagined things that didn't make sense ever since she was a child and a mediwizard once tried to convince her mother that she was a little different in the head but her mother refused to believe it. Just like Grace, her mother desperately tried to think that it was just a little daydreaming and nothing too serious.

Grace kept strolling the corridor to find the one exit that wasn't destroyed yet but that was the moment she heard a footstep behind her, walking closer to her.