Am I that lucky?

Alina's POV - 

I dragged myself to the cafe checking my phone constantly. I wished I had canceled the date tonight. 

It wasn't actually a date thing, he had called me to meet him at the library cafe which served nice coffee I hoped. I had been to the library many times but finding a spot for us to sit and go unnoticed was 0. 

It was weird he had called be here. I was short in cash and quickly agreed. This was my first date in two years. Recovering from a toxic relationship is hard and the hardest is giving men another chance. 

I sat near the door hoping he'd notice me straight away. I was wearing my favourite outfit - black jeans with olive green t-shirt and a leather jacket to go with it.

 I was wearing my favourite outfit - black jeans with olive green t-shirt and a leather jacket to go with it

 I waited for 20 mins before a message came in 

He - Hi! I am here. Where are you?

I hadn't shared my Instagram id or number so the only way of contacting me was through this dating website.

Me - I am by the door. 

He came in the door wearing a varsity jacket and blue jeans. He looked oddly not that attractive to me now. I scrolled through his dating webpage one last time before confirming it was him.

He came up to me and said hi. 

Me - Hey Zack!

Zack - Hey Enila!

I looked at him confused. Did he just call me Enila with so much confidence?

Me - Its Alina.

Zack, dismissively - oh sorry.

He pointed at chairs near the wending machine and said - lets sit there. 

I was more confused now. The cafe was the other side but he didn't want to go to the cafe but go near library wending machine?

As he lead the way, I quickly shot a message to my best friend instructing him to call me in half an hour if things didn't go right. 

Both of us had moved to a totally different country together to pursue masters and so I had a total of three of his new numbers. 

I texted one of him and he replied with OK!

We sat near the wending machine. The sofa was surprisingly comfortable. 

He sat facing the window while I could see the whole library.

There was no one in that area other than a guy wearing a cap and a mask. But it is winter so its quite normal.