1

On some rare occasions, I'd find myself wandering around the cold street of my little village. For some, they would perceive deserted streets as a place of misfortune. The locus of evil and death.

Pero para sa akin, ang tahakin ang tahimik at malamig na kalsada ay ang tanging oras sa buong araw na kayang magbigay ng takot at kapayapaan ng sabay. Nakakatakot dahil ang kanina'y maliit at tila masikip na kalsada ay naging malawak at iyong-iyo na.

The world suddenly became too big and overwhelming. It was terrifying how much you can suddenly have and then lose it all again. But the thought of having everything for yourself, even for a few hours, feels exciting. Don't you think so?

Just when I thought I was alone, I heard a loud crash coming from the only place tonight with any lights. Pinakiramdaman ko ang paligid. I was waiting for another noise to break the silence.

But there was none. Maybe it was a stray cat looking for some food.

I was about to dismiss the strange encounter when I heard another rustling sound. My head snapped in the same direction and squinted my eyes.

Was that really a cat?

Hindi ko alam kung saan ko hinugot ang lakas ko ng loob. But I found myself walking towards the old, abandoned park. My thin slippers barely made a noise as I step on the crisped piled-up leaves. The moon could barely illuminate the whole place as it was situated at the center of these numerous tall, big trees that are probably older than me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned the man I found standing a few steps away from me. I could barely see his stature but I sure do know he is way taller than me and a lot bigger, like an enormous beast.

May hawak siyang bote ng sa hula ko ay whiskey at base sa kaniyang tindig mukhang ibabato niya dapat ito sa lupa. He snap his head towards my direction, his eyes glinting perilously under the argent moonlight. Suddenly, the world became ominous and disturbing. His eyes were giving me a warning. Isang maling hakbang at siguradong hindi ko magugustuhan ang kahihinatnan nito.

So I sat.

I sat on the old, rusty swing with my back facing him. I closed my eyes and sigh. Tahimik kong pinakinggan ang pagtama ng bote sa lupang punong-puno ng mga bato at ang sunod-sunod na pagmura ng lalaki. Even with the distance, the intensity of his anger never wavered. Ramdam ko ang galit niya, ang sakit, and pagdadalamhati. Despite his act, the anger never seemed to eased.

I wasn't supposed to sleep in this kind of setting. But strangely I found myself drowsing and nodding my head off trying to keep myself from dreamland.

Siguro ay pagod lang talaga ako. I just finished my book after a year. I did most of its chapters at night and tonight's the first night I don't have something to write. Sabi ng agent ko magpahinga muna ako. The next following months will all be about my latest book so I don't really have to worry about writing too soon.

I felt a huge presence looming over me for a second before I heard the rusty chains clinking beside me. Ibinuka ko ang kaliwang mata at tiningnan ang lalaking naupo sa katabing duyan. Nakasandal ang ulo niya sa kadena at malayo ang tingin.

To say he was handsome is an understatement. He is beautiful. Dangerously beautiful. His thick brows sat nicely above his hunter's eyes. The bridge of his nose was tall and his full lips looked totally inviting. The kind of lips you want to kiss and bite and lick.

Inviting? Kiss? Bite? Lick?

Nanlaki ang mata ko nang magtagpo ang mga mata naming dalawa. I feel like I got caught doing something bad. I absolutely did not think of kissing this god of a man sitting beside me. He's not good news. Just from what was happening a while ago, I knew he's got some issues. Issues I'm not supposed to pry into.