Single Mum (2/4) || 24

when the doctor confirms aera's fear, it hits like a truck

when the doctor confirms aera's fear, it hits like a truck. all her life, her hard work and the vision of her career ahead of her, flashes before her eyes. the hopes and dreams suddenly shattering in front of her as the doctor continues to speak in a language that aera's brain doesn't cooperate to listen or understand.

she blinks a few times, clutching on the arm of the chair tightly, heaving out a laboured breath as she shakes her head in denial, gasping silently in shock, "no..." her voice whispers out, grabbing attention from her brother, his wife and the doctor too. jimin pats her back slowly, exchanging a small smile with the doctor before taking aera out of the examination room.

aera pulls herself back, shaking her head more firmly as she rubs her eyes, breathing deeply a few times, "no... no, no, no, no! i can't— i don't— oppa, no..." she covers her mouth with trembling hands, breaking into a sob, "i— i can't take this. do something please... help me, i can't do this," she pleads, crouching down in her place and lowers her head, crying helplessly.

jimin wraps his arm around her, tears blurring his eyes too, yet he holds himself together and pats aera's back, "get up, we'll figure something out," he speaks softly to her, although aera doesn't listen, shaking her head. her hands tangle in her hair, looking up with desperate eyes, bloodshot with fear and pain as she pleads him to let her get an abortion.

when jimin doesn't respond to it and only focuses on calming her down, aera groans in frustration, pulling herself back and looks for her phone, taking a few deep breaths, not attempting on making jimin and his wife understand anything anymore.

"aera, please listen to me. i promise it's gonna be okay," jimin assures, holding her hand and wipes her tears, although the girl has all of her attention fixed on her phone, clicking on jungkook's name in her contacts and nibbles on her lip, waiting for him to answer for she knew too, that jungkook will keep her as a priority before anything else, even the child or whoever's fault it was. rather than being the wise person or the nicest human on the planet, jungkook will surely act more like a normal man and only think of aera over any other aspect, unlike jimin who's a certified wise man, obliged to stand with what's right and that's what scares aera— that jimin might not let her abort.

"c'mon, get up," jimin cups her face, looking at her with a soft gaze, "nothing wrong will happen, i can assure you of that much. i won't let anything wrong happen to you, okay? just trust me,"

aera closes her eyes, tears flowing as she just impatiently waits for jungkook to answer and sighs in relief when he does, "oppa..." she leans back, sobbing the moment jungkook's voice makes it to her ears.

"ri? are you crying? what happened?" jungkook's cheerful voice in replaced by a worried one, laced with hesitation and uncertainty, "are you okay? hello?"

"no, no, i'm— i'm not. just c'mere please..." she cries, "i don't wanna do this... help me, oppa, please.. help me..."

"wha— what's going on? where are you? i'm coming— just on my way, but tell me what happened and where are you?"