Angel 3

Angel 3

I slowly lay on my bed with a smile on my face. I held onto my chest and felt my heart beating happily and fast. I don't understand why but my heart beats fast when Asul is near, my cheeks turn red! It's crazy. Last night was amazing and I enjoyed it so much. Hinatid din ako neto sa bahay at nagpakita sya kay daddy.

"Nicole?" dad called.

Bumangon ako. "Yes, dad?"

Sumilip ito sa may pinto ng kwarto ko. "We'll be visiting Doctor Lea later,"

Tumango ako. I suddenly felt a little nervous. "Okay, dad."

Nagpaalam si daddy pag tapos sabihin iyon. It's the afternoon right now and we'll go out at 6:30. Nag ayos na ako at hinanda ang mga gamit ko. Honestly, going to the hospital is tiring. It drains my energy but hey if it means having to be cured and hopefully one day get out to see and feel the sun then that would be amazing.

I'm actually feeling pretty good today, but a little tired. I hope this checkup doesn't take too long. I'm actually looking forward to seeing my doctor though. I've heard she's really great with these new medical procedures.

It's interesting to be part of these trials, testing out the latest technology and methods. I feel like I'm making a difference, and contributing to the future of medicine. Plus, it's nice to be taken care of by such a competent team of professionals.

I'm a little nervous, though. What if something is wrong? What if the new procedures aren't effective? I try to push those thoughts out of my head and focus on the positive. I'm lucky to have access to such advanced medical care and to be part of a program that's helping me and hopefully someday, helping others with the same condition.

I take a deep breath as I enter the doctor's office, and I'm greeted warmly by the staff. I feel at ease here, knowing I'm in good hands. I'm ready for this checkup, ready to see what new things they have in store for me. 

Let's do this, Nicole Saint!

Pagkauwi ng bahay ay dumiretso na ako sa kwarto. I washed up and layed on my bed. Kinuha ko ang phone ko at nakitang may message duon si Asul. We exchanged numbers last night.

Asul:

Hey angel, how's your day?

I immediately smiled. I don't know why but talking to Asul gives me excitement and happiness. I typed in my reply.

Me:

Hi! I'm great, just went to the doctor for a check-up. I'm missing Ashlie though, she's gone for two weeks for her training so I'm all alone :(

Agad akong napabangon ng tumawag si Asul. He called using FaceTime. 

"Are you sick?" nagaalala ang mga mata nya.

My heart suddenly clenched. I smiled. "No, I'm fine. It's just my monthly check-up to stay healthy,"

He breathed and looked at me. "Are you sad that A's gone for two weeks?"

I pursed my lips. "Well, of course, she's my best friend and I'll miss her every day."

He slightly rested his head to the side and smiled. "You can hang out with me while she's away, I'll keep you company unless I bore you?" he curled his lips.

I touched my heart-heart. Mabilis na naman ang tibok neto. I tried to calm down. "No, you don't bore me," I said and smiled. "I can only hang out when the sun is down, though," I said nonchalantly. 

He looked confused but he didn't ask any questions and instead nodded. "I'm fine whenever you like to hang out. Do you have any place you'd want to go?"