Angel 1

Angel 1

Can you check my heart-heart?

I stood up happy and excited. I looked at the clock and saw that it's already eight o'clock in the evening. Tumayo ako at tumakbo papunta sa banyo para maligo.

I changed into my white dress and let my hair flew down my shoulders. Pag bukas ko ng pinto ay narinig ko si daddy at si A na naguusap sa baba.

I smiled and approached them. A immediately smiled. Her cool black hair was bouncing on her arms. "Hey A!"

Kumaway ito pabalik sa akin. "So is my best friend slash sister ready to have her first ever party?"

Lalong lumawak ang ngiti ko saka tumigin kay daddy. "Daddy, are you sure that it's okay for me to go? I mean if-"

"It's okay, princess. Go and have fun, okay? Just come home before the sun rises, 'kay?" daddy said and kissed the top of my head.

Napayakap ako kay daddy. "Thanks, dad."

Tumili si Ashlie at inabot ang kamay ko. "Thanks, Mr. T. I'll keep her safe, I promise!"

Hinatak ako palabas ni Ashlie. A has been my best friend ever since I was born! She was the only friend that I have in this cruel world.

I have xeroderma pigmentosum. Which means I cannot go out in the sunlight. I have extreme sensitivity to sunlight and a tendency to develop skin cancer.

One small contact with sunlight will take my life just like that.

It's a bit bothersome cause I grew up having to look out of my window seeing other children play and enjoy the sun.

I grew up wondering how it would felt like to swim in the beach in broad daylight. I grew up always dreaming of playing in the park.

But I was always content with what I have. I have my loving father and best friend. I am even lucky and grateful that I still am alive and kicking up to this day.

I have lived for 18 years and every single day that I am alive is a miracle and a gift from God.

"Hey? What are you thinking about? Cheer up, Nicole. We're gonna have fun tonight, okay?" she said and tugged my arm.

I smiled. "I'm okay. I'm just nervous and excited," sabi ko at tumawa.

"Don't be. You're my badass sexy gorgeous best friend. I got you." sabi nito at kumindat.

Lalo lamang akong kinabahan ng huminto ang kotse ni A sa tapat ng isang bahay. We're gonna attend his cousin's house party and she said that it's okay to tag me along.

Malapit naman daw sila sa isa't isa ng mga pinsan nya sa side ng mommy nya. Her mother is a Buenavista while her father is a Hidalgo.

Magkapatid ang mommy nya at ang daddy ng pinsan nyang pupuntahan namin.

Bumaba kame ni A at kaagad na sumalubong sa amin ang ingay na nagmumula sa tao at speaker sa loob ng bahay. The house looks packed and

I can't help but get more nervous. Umatras ako. Never have I ever encountered with lots of people. In my eighteen years of existence it's just me, my dad and A.

Nanginig ang labi ko. "A, wag na lang kaya? Uwi nalang tayo..." kinakabahan kong sabi.

"Hey, it's gonna be fun. I promise." sabi nito sa akin at isinukbit ang kamay nya sa braso ko.

Pag pasok naming sa loob ay nagsigawan ang lahat nang makita si A. She's really popular in her school and everywhere she goes and I can't help but smile.