Prologue

Warning: N/A

This is my first time writing a fanfiction outside of Lego Monkie Kid....let's see how this goes. Just a heads up, this show is, rated 18+ so.....content warning. :P

Many people are afraid of storms, the rumbling of thunder and flash of lighting from nature's untamable gales, it can strike fear into the hearts of humans and monsters alike. 

But to me, storms are beautiful.

The rain falling down my body and dripping onto the muddy forest floor, clinging to my clothes and soaking my hair. The way the lighting lights up the dark skies at night, and the winds send a burst of euphoria through me. 

How their untapped power excites me, and sends a rush of adrenaline coursing through my veins, and helping me push ever further into the raw rage that batters shutters against windows, creates monsters in the nights, and sets forests ablaze.

The stories that come from storms can excite any young adventurer, how gods and beasts of power create them for fun, or out of anger and revenge. How creatures are born from storms.

Storms can be your downfall, but it can also be your salvation...like it was mine.

A storm was how I met Percy, the artificer who was angrily throwing parts of his busted up powder box prototype at old trees, in the middle of a particularly bad storm, screaming in anger as black smoke surrounded him.

I was very scared that night, especially when those angry eyes landed on me, from where I was staring at him from behind a tree, barely five years old and already one of those pitiful orphans you read about in fantasy books. 

Dirty, thin, and alone.....just like Percy.

Any and all traces of anger had faded from his face when he'd seen me, face flushing in slight embarrassment, but mostly curious.

There weren't many like me.

I still have no idea why he extended his hand out for me, or why he had taken me back with him to that abandoned building we lived in together for some time....why he saved up and worked several jobs to feed me.

He could have just as easily left me that night, and I wouldn't have blamed him. After all, I was another mouth to feed, and plenty of a liability if push came to shove...but he didn't.

But because of him, I lived to see--not just one more day--but several, to meet other members of Vox Machina, and to be a part of this strange group of idiots, that somehow became my makeshift family.

It still baffles me.

But hey, some things in life, don't have to make sense. Some things, simply are, as they are.