The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Act One

Warning: Violence, Gore, Cursing, Crude humor, mentions of sexual activity, alcohol, throwing up, drunken people, hangovers 

Like I said, this show is rated 18+

Os'Tan--A Dungeons and Dragons Elvish word meaning 'Uncle'

O'Si--A Dungeons and Dragons Elvish word meaning 'Mother'

Gods I hated bars. The stink of drunken adventurers, bounty hunters and mercenaries alike flooded my sensitive nose, as I tried to ease the migraine that'd formed from the day's bad job, nursing a cup of tea between my claws. 

Watching as Vax, Vex, Keyleth, Grog and Pike all chugged their ale down, the others of the bar--save for myself, Scanlan and papa--cheering them on, my long tail curled close to my feet, to avoid Grog from stepping on it like he's done in the past.

Papa was sitting besides me and sipping at his wine, his weapon--the Powder Box--resting on top of the wooden surface, as my silver and blue spear lay angled against the wall. Flinching--thanks to that stupid head pain--when the goliath barbarian slammed his cup down in victory once he'd completed his drink first, "That's right! Who's the best?!"

"You'd be even better if you'd quiet down a bit," I muttered, pinching the space between my brows with a sigh, as my father gave me a sympathetic look, knowing fully well that I wasn't in my element.

In all honesty, I'd much rather be reading one of my books outside, or in a nice nook of the town's library. Unfortunately, the library was closed, and many unsavory folk were roaming the area, to which my protective parent had dragged me inside to keep an eye on me...despite being fully knowledgeable in the ways of a spear, and using magic!

Not to mention the pet bear--in armor--outside.

Though, I couldn't exactly fault him either, after he'd lost so much, it made sense why he'd want to keep me close...even if it got a bit irritating at times. After all, this is my family--albeit a strange one--and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

"Grog wins. Again," Papa deadpanned, taking another sip of his wine, it's acidic aroma burning my nose.

"Ah, fuck me," Vax groaned, leaning back in his seat and massaging his forehead, most likely feeling the oncoming hangover he'd have the next morning. "Why do we always play drinking games with a guy twice our size?"

"You ask this question every time you go drinking Os'Tan, and the answer is always the same," I sigh, shaking my head fondly as the others all turn to me, waiting as I take a sip of my tea, before placing it back down on the table. "'Because it's the fastest way to get drunk.'"

"Atta' girl," Vex ruffled my hair with a proud look on her face, much to the displeasure of my father, who gave a disappointed sigh and placed his wine glass down, sending my O'Si a scolding look.

Sure, the half-elf woman wasn't married to papa, but I still viewed her as a mother, and one of my closest confidants when it came to my father's habits and behaviors towards me...she held a lot, of personal secrets of mine in that head of her's.

"Please stop teaching my daughter your bad habits."

"Says you Perc," Vax laughed, ignoring the look he'd also gotten for using the noble's--very much hated--group nickname. "But I think lil' Sparks here is growing up just fine."

"Only because I raised her most of her life," He huffed back, indigently picking up his glass and taking yet another sip.

At this rate, he was going to join the others in getting himself drunk, winding up with poor Trinket and I dragging them all back to a nearby inn to stay at. Something which both of us would prefer not to do. Uncle Grog is as heavy as he looks.