Chapter 2 - Confusion

During chemistry that day, Tyler couldn't stop staring at Amber. After class, he decided to talk to her again but his friends came up to him. Apparently, Amber wanted to talk to him too, but seeing him with his friends she thought she could just give him some space to think about their interaction that morning.

She also knew that Tyler's girlfriend Ashley could kill her for making a move on him. She left the classroom as soon as Ashley came in.

[Ashley] Ty, do you have any idea how long I've been searching for you?

[Tyler] I've told you not to call me that, and you didn't have to be so wo-

Tyler saw Amber walk out the door. He excused himself from his friends and rushed out to Amber.

[Tyler] Amber wait!

She turned around and saw him.

[Amber] What do you want? Go and hang out with your friends, I'm going home.

Then she started to leave again.

[Tyler] Wait! I'll take you home.

She stopped and chuckled.

[Amber] I don't need you to take me home. I'm fine. Besides, I'm going with my friends.

[Tyler] Aren't you the same girl who wrote a very romantic letter to me yesterday? Don't you want us to be 'friends' like you said?

[Amber] I changed my mind.

Then she walked off. Tyler was wondering what happened within the first few hours of their 'friendship - romance' that morning. How could the same girl who tried to kiss him that morning suddenly ice him out? He found it really odd.

Ashley came out and touched his shoulder.

[Ashley] Something wrong hon?

At that moment, Tyler realized that he had a great girlfriend, and he was chasing a girl with a reputation of the kindest girl in school. A reputation. Just a reputation. Not her true self. He felt foolish for falling for such a trap.

He realized that Ashley was staring at him. He put his arm around her neck and smiled.

[Tyler] It's nothing Ash. We should get you home.

They went outside hand in hand and Tyler opened the door for her to enter. He got into the driver's seat and drove off. On the way, he saw Amber and her friends walking together. Amber stopped at her house, and her other friends continued to walk. He asked Ashley if he could give them a lift and she agreed.

He drove them to their houses. Then he went out for ice cream with Ashley before dropping her off at home.

When he got home, he did his usual workout routine and ate dinner. After he was done taking his bath, he heard his phone ring. He picked it up and saw the caller ID was Ashley.

*Phone call*
[Tyler] Hey Ash

[Ashley] Oh hi Tyler. Uh... tomorrow is my cousin's birthday party and I would love for you to come.

[Tyler] Couldn't you tell me tomorrow?

[Ashley] Tomorrow is the party dummy. And I was dying to tell you, sorry.

[Tyler] It's cool. Bye

[Ashley] Bye

He hung up and started wearing his clothes when his phone rang again. Assuming it was Ashley again, he picked it up.

[Tyler] I'll come babe

[???] Babe? Is that what you call me now?

Tyler's eyes widened when he realized that it was-

[Tyler] Amber? Where'd you get my number from?

[Amber] Eh... that's not important. What's really important... that's what I called you for.

[Tyler] Okay...

[Amber] I just wanted to say.... I'm sorry. I was so angry that I showed you so much about yourself and you just blew me off.

[Tyler] I didn't blow you off. My friends came and I just couldn't leave. I'm sorry.

[Amber] It's fine actually. I have anger issues anyway.

Both laughed.

[ Tyler] It's getting late. We really need to -

[Amber] Yeah good night Tyler

[Tyler] Good night

He hung up, placing his phone over his chest. That's when he realized that he was shirtless. He finished dressing and went to bed. He was thinking, something was connecting him and Amber together.

No, he was wrong. Nothing was drawing him to Amber.

Or so he thought...

_____________________________________________

Hey y'all thanks for reading this chapter. Can't wait for you to read the rest. Squeeeeee!!!! Sorry, sugar rush. I'm so happy to finally tell this story to the world. I was trying to have it all planned out in my head and now I'm done ✅ I don't know how to describe my feelings. Thanks for wasting your time reading this lol.

Instagram: iamhephzeezana
Snapchat: hephzeezana2606