Chapter 1: The Ghostly Revelation

Halloween was a time of vibrant colors and flamboyant costumes, a night when heroes and villains alike roamed the streets, adorned in their most audacious attire. Yet, for one young hero-in-training, the allure of Halloween extended far beyond the superficial glitter and theatrics. Izuku Midoriya, a determined and earnest student at U.A. High School, held a special place in his heart for the spooky festivities.

Amidst the bustling hallways of U.A. High, where the sound of eager chatter echoed in every corner, Izuku couldn't contain his excitement. Halloween had finally arrived, and he had spent weeks meticulously crafting the perfect costume. While his classmates anticipated his annual portrayal of All Might, the Symbol of Peace, little did they know that this year, Izuku had a surprise in store.

"Izuku, are you all set for the Halloween party tonight?" Ochaco Uraraka, his ever-cheerful classmate, chirped as she approached him with a bright smile. She was dressed in a lively fairy costume, complete with shimmering wings and a trail of sparkles.

Izuku, his expression hidden beneath a mass of white cloth, which he was meticulously adjusting, looked up with a hint of secrecy in his eyes. "Actually, I'm not going as All Might this time, Uraraka. I've got something different planned."

Uraraka's eyes widened with curiosity. "Oh? What's the big surprise this year?"

Izuku adjusted the ghostly fabric around him, ensuring that it draped over his lanky frame just right. With a mischievous grin beneath his makeshift hood, he finally revealed, "I'm going as a ghost! A completely homemade ghost costume."

Uraraka burst into a fit of laughter. "You never fail to surprise me, Midoriya. That's so you! But I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when they find out you're not All Might this time."

As the final school bell rang, signaling the end of classes, the anticipation in the air became palpable. Students scurried about, preparing for the evening's festivities. Izuku, however, found himself lost in a whirlwind of nervous excitement. He had spent countless nights perfecting the ghost costume, stitching each seam with unwavering precision. It wasn't just any costume; it was a testament to his unwavering dedication and creativity.

In the midst of his preoccupation, a familiar voice pierced through the hum of the bustling hallway. "Oi, Deku!"

Izuku's heart skipped a beat at the unmistakable sound of Katsuki Bakugo's voice. He turned to see the spiky-haired, explosive personality of his childhood friend, adorned in his hero costume, which boasted an impressive combination of black and red.

"Bakugo, you're ready for tonight, I see," Izuku replied, unable to hide the excitement in his voice.

"Hmph, obviously. Can't disappoint the masses, can I?" Bakugo's lips curled into a half-smirk, his crimson eyes surveying Izuku's costume. "So, what ridiculous character did you pick this time? Another All Might?"

Izuku hesitated, feeling the weight of Bakugo's gaze on him. "Actually, this year, I decided to go as something different. A ghost."

Bakugo's eyes widened, and for a split second, his usual confident facade seemed to falter. "A ghost? That's... unexpected. But knowing you, it's probably going to be the best ghost costume anyone's ever seen, right?"

Izuku's chest swelled with pride at Bakugo's rare praise. "I've put a lot of effort into it. I hope everyone likes it."

Bakugo's gaze softened slightly as he looked at his friend. "They will, Deku. You always manage to impress, even when no one expects it." He paused as if grappling with his next words. "Hey, uh, there's something I've been meaning to tell you tonight. Can we talk after the party?"

Izuku's heart skipped a beat, his mind reeling with the possibilities of what Bakugo might want to share. "Of course, Bakugo. I'll be there."

With a nod, Bakugo gave a brisk wave and disappeared down the hall, leaving Izuku to ponder the impending conversation. As the final bell tolled, signaling the commencement of the Halloween festivities, Izuku's mind buzzed with excitement and curiosity. Little did he know that this Halloween held more surprises than just his ghostly attire.