Chapter Fifteen

"So, did you get any bitches at the bar?"

Donghyuck didn't want to be annoying first thing in the morning, but there was no way he would ignore this. If Jeno was at such a place yesterday and knowing how clueless he was, he might have got someone to spend the night with.

"No," Jeno chuckled, and reached for the bottle of mineral water at the top of the shelf. "Why?"

They were shopping.

"Hyung?" Donghyuck looked over his shoulder to meet Mark's eyes.

"No, he had no one around," the latter sighed, already getting irritated.

"Oh, really?" the brunette raised his eyebrow. "So weird. I feel like you're teaming up against me."

"Are you that insecure?" Mark barked. "Why would we lie?"

"Cause a whole baseball team was at the bar, and no one tried to hit on you," Donghyuck retorted, glaring at the senior.

"They did, but we ignored them," Jeno sighed. "We stayed together all evening."

"That's kinda gay, you know. With all the beautiful women around and you're both staying together..."

"Shut up," Mark's face flushed.

"We talked about lots of things," Jeno said, ignoring their obvious argument. "Mark told me about his future."

Donghyuck didn't know if he should pretend that he heard it for the first time or not. However, since Jeno spoke about it as if it was a piece of new information, the brunette acted confused.

"And what about it?"

"Suicide."

"Gosh..."

"He's dead at that time, and I'm... I'm engaged to a woman."

Hearing this made Donghyuck feel uneasy. You see, Jeno always promised to love him eternally, and he was the one who was dying to get back into their former relationship. Of course, many things must've happened in the future for it to be this way, for example, Donghyuck disappeared, shut himself down, and no one had heard about him. So, Jeno moved on. But Donghyuck, with a mind of a 2022 guy, thought that this was unbelievable. Jeno loved him with all depth of his heart, so a single thought about some woman made the brunette mad.

"Do you think... you're happy?" Donghyuck asked carefully.

Jeno shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. Maybe? But I'm also happy right now."

"Can I get this?" Noram chirped, appearing out of nowhere and pushing a milk drink into Donghyuck's face.

"No, put that back."

Jeno must've sensed Donghyuck's anxiety. He went closer and, holding his boyfriend's hand, put a supportive amount of pressure.

"You don't have to worry. In a few months, future you ran away with no trace. I must've thought I lost you. But even when I'm engaged, I keep coming to you, right?"

"Right. And you're even lending me money," Donghyuck smiled.

"I care about you. Always will."

"Quit chit-chatting," Mark cleared his throat. "Noram just stole that drink."

"Gosh," Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "Bad habits die hard on this kid."

Since the end of the month was near and soon they'd do a paternity test, Donghyuck started to think about stuff himself.