CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

Mary wore beautifully crafted lingerie and a lace-trimmed robe

Mary wore beautifully crafted lingerie and a lace-trimmed robe. A very tight plunge bra with ever-revealing cleavage. Her short blonde hair, clipped away from her pretty face, accentuated the fine archness of her neck, where the most delicate chain of scintillating diamonds nestled between her collarbones.

"What?" Her hip jutted out. "You are both acting as though you have never seen a pair of tits before."

Do not flatter yourself, I thought. I see naked dancers in bejewelled underwear, burlesque costumes and extreme platform stilettos on a daily basis. A risqué performance of spinning poles, sexy strippers and erotic stripteases, but the novelty wears off after a while. I can look at women in lace without the embarrassment of random or awkward erections.

"Yeah, but..." Josh's lips puckered as he ogled at her voluptuous chest. "Those are really nice tits." He blew out a slow, measured breath. "Are they real?"

Mary looked askance at him.

"What?" He chuckled the tension away. "Come on. Play fair. You cannot blame a man for trying."

"Oh!" Mary knotted the robe tightly by her middle section. "I remember you. Joslynn, right?"

Josh shot me a scathing glare.

"I prayed it would be you or the other guy," Mary said, referring to Nate. "But I did not want to be too enthusiastic when nothing is guaranteed. Patty would have been devastated if you were unattractive."

"Looks are irrelevant." My eyebrows moved closer together. "You are both gay and happily engaged."

"What?" Josh was overwhelmed by the revelation. "You did not tell me that my fake girlfriend was a lesbian."

"Patty's sexual orientation is not important..." My eyes honed in on his pale face. "Oh, you thought she was a safe bet."

"Not anymore." His soul had been shattered by the loss. "Well, I guess it's just me and my hand tonight."

Mary's eyes dazzled. "You like P!nk!"

"I fucking love her." Josh bonded with his girlfriend's fiancé. "Those sexy acrobatic performances?" A groan of approval. "Get in my bed."

"She is a spectacular gymnast." Mary chewed on her lower lip in an innocent, kittenish manner. "Very flexible."

"Oh, yes." Josh's shoulder leaned on the doorframe. "Flexible indeed. I would not say no to a night with her."

"I feel like an intruder in some odd groupie sexcapade." My frown hardened when I noticed the contemporary designs in the other room. "Why do you have an en-suite? In fact, whilst I am on the subject, I did not agree to interconnecting doors, forced bathroom facilities and shared sleeping arrangements. You have a lot of explaining to do."

"And that is my cue to look distracted." Josh changed into a black tracksuit. "Go ahead. Please continue. I am not even listening."

I pointed an accusatory finger at him. "You are full of shit."