030

030.
NO ENERGY

cigarettes out the window - tv girl
cigarettes when she couldn't sleep
she'd disappear for an hour and a half
and when she'd come back she'd brush her teeth
but i could always smell it on her
raggedy tee
and i could taste it on her lips when
we kiss.

____________________________
_______

i finished brushing through my hair, searching for my earrings. i tossed rafe's clothes in the basket, walking over to the nightstand. he was terrible about picking up for himself, leaving his things where ever he pleased. it was impossible to find my things, everything being tossed every which way. i sighed, "hey rafe." i called, knowing he was down the hall with his dad.

"hey." he walked in, seeing me searching the room.

"have you seen my gold earrings?" i opened the drawer to the nightstand. my eyes averted, seeing the condoms littering the drawer. "no uh..." he chuckled at me and i rolled my eyes.

i grabbed one of his t-shirts, handing it to him. he grabbed it, "maybe if you cleaned up i wouldn't lose my stuff." i brushed past him, going to the vanity and grabbing a random pair.

"well whenever you stop complaining i'll be downstairs." he said and as he walked out the door i threw another shirt at him. "don't act like you don't wear my clothes sunny rose, not all the mess is mine." he called as he fled away.

he had another one of his 'business' meetings. since his dad has been bed ridden he's been taking care of things. i don't get to sit in on everything which didn't bother me, only because anything to do with the cross didn't interest me anymore.

i joined them at the table, a man and a woman. rose joined in too, my dad no where to be seen. rafe refuses to let him sit in, which i had no problem with. i'm sure rose was repeating things back to him anyways.

"i think what we have is pretty worthwhile." i felt rafe look at me and i messed with my necklace.

"yes well michel is the most prominent antiquities dealer of the west indies." the woman said and i turned away. sometimes i wonder why i even sit in like i have interest. ever since the thing with limbrey he's tried to include me, it was him trying and i think that's why i still sit and listen to him try to sell the cross.

"unfortunately he only speaks french." she turned to the man. "no english." he gave a small wave and i gave him a closed lip smile. "yeah... what is french for priceless?" with that rafe led everyone to the living room.

he showed off the cross and i bit my lip. it was hard sitting here and watch this, knowing the back story behind the cross, knowing i helped find it.

the two stared at it, wide eyed and in disbelief. i remember seeing the cross for the first time.

the man put on his glasses, inspecting every detail.

he spoke in french and the lady translated for him. "uh may he touch it?" she asked rafe and he shrugged, "knock yourself out michel." the man nodded eagerly. he ran his fingers down the gold crest, truly admiring the beauty. he mumbled in french as he walked around the cross.

the woman quickly handed him her ipad as he inspected it further. he held up a drawing of the cross, speaking in french. i watched back and forth, bringing my knees to my chest. "he wants to know where you found it." the woman said and i fought the urge to say something. what does it matter now?

"don't worry about it we got it. that's all he needs to know." rafe shrugged, "it's here, it's for sale so who can we get to buy it?" the man took off his glasses with a sigh.

"uh for a piece like this of this value there are very limited buyers." the woman translated, "uh like an institution, a museum." rafe sighed and i scrunched my nose. "but he has a client in barbados who will be interested." rafe eyed him.

"this client will have lots of questions, he'll want to meet with you in person." she said as the man handed rafe a card. my eyes followed his hand, seeing the white card. "call this number to arrange everything." the woman nodded and my curiosity peaked for a moment. "phone?" the man gestured, "yes." rafe said.

he looked at me, "very important." the man nodded at rafe and he turned his attention back to them. "very important, very good." the woman agreed and i leaned back. "let's make a deal?" rafe asked the man, extending his ringed fingertip, "let's make a deal." the man shook his hand.

rafe smirked as they pulled their hands away.

after saying their goodbyes i retreated back to my room. when i wasn't hanging with wheezie or rafe i was out on the balcony getting some sun and reading. times like this stress me out so i turned on music, pulling out a cigarette.

it wasn't my favorite habit i picked up since being here. when i first got here i smoked a lot, now it was every once in awhile. it released some stress and even if it was momentary i'd take it. it was peaceful here, that was the one thing i appreciated.

it reminded me of home, when i was out here. i used to read on my balcony a lot to get away from the world. it was a habit i don't think i'll ever drop.

"looks like i'm going to dinner." i heard rafe walk in. i turned to see him in a new outfit, much more relaxed then the suit he just had on. he must of been in the room longer than i thought.

he grabbed a bag off the floor, slipped on his sunglasses.

he watched him put another suit in the bag and walk out the door. i wasn't even going to try to join him on this, knowing it would be an immediate no. honestly i didn't have the energy for it and i'm not sure how he does.

"hey! hey!" i heard him yell and i quickly tossed the cigarette. my feet carried me out the bedroom door to see rose downstairs with a drink in her hand. of course, another rafe and rose fight. they fought a lot which surprised me that rose even had the energy. i always make sure i'm close by, just in case.

"listen..." rafe said, leaning against the balcony inside. i leaned against the wall and watched him, "i'm gonna sell the cross that i.. well both sunny and i found okay? that we saved and when dad wakes up he's gonna see that i took care of it..." i crossed my arms, watching him and rose. it was ironic how he considers me in this situation.

she sipped her drink, rolling her eyes. "not you." he finished with a smirk that i could clearly hear. "sure..." she nodded and that's how the fights usually end up. rose gives up and rafe puts her to shame and she hates it.

"so why don't you go have yourself another tom collins while i go make us all a shit ton of money okay?" he leaned up and rose suddenly threw her glass. it shattered against the wall, making me bite back a laugh.

"you missed." rafe turned to see me, quickly grabbing his bags. "maybe you don't need another drink." he shrugged, making his way up to me. "i'll be back." he said and i gave him a smile.

"that was good." i teased him, tugging on his shirt. i walked him to the stairs, "be safe please." i called out as he walked down the stairs, "always." he said. he was gone and i eyed rose who was breathing heavy. "i'll have a drink with you rose." she stormed off and i let out a small laugh.

-
thank you for 1k!!
so excited for season 3
finally finished it:)
enjoy <3