040

040
I KNOW YOU HATE ME BUT I LOVE YOU

end of beginning - djo
and when i'm back in chicago, i
feel it
another version of me, i was in it
i wave goodbye to the end of
beginning.

___________________________
_______

when i pulled up to the small shack, i didn't expect to see ward first. he was fishing, keeping a low profile i assumed. he looked at me, giving me a small smile before turning back to the water. i quickly walked inside, making sure to not return the smile as my dad came into my view.

i waited on rafe, it has been more than an hour now. i sent a brief text saying i couldn't wait any longer. not sure why he wasn't answering back but pushing it to the back of my mind.

he looked rough, sitting in a small chair. "so this is where you're living now?" i asked, leaning against the wood behind me. he sighed, taking in my appearance before nodding slowly. times have changed, he knows that and i can see it in his expression.

"it's not ideal, but eventually i'll get a better place." i furrowed my brows. "what do you mean a better place? like here?" i straightened my shoulders. he couldn't stay here doesn't he know that? people think he's dead, did he forget? "i was thinking that we- i could stay here.. this is our home sunny rose." i rolled my eyes, letting out a scoff before standing up.

"our home? we don't have a home anymore dad you sold it. which by the way everything is gone, we have nothing." he frowned at me, knowing i was getting worked up. "why?" i asked and he stood up, mirroring my body language. sometimes i forget that i did inherit things such a this from him.

"because sunny i'm.. im trying here okay? i miss my daughter. i know you hate me but i love you. you want to stay here right? well then i can-"

"i want to stay here with rafe. not with you god!" i threw my hands up, spinning around and rubbing my eyes. "you are dead, you faked your death and what now you want to stay? now you want to make things right?" my mind was spiraling, taking me to a place that was like a nightmare. i had started envisioning my life with rafe here, away from all of this.

none of that can happen if my dad stays.

"if you let me yeah, i want to make it right. i'm not saying we have to live together you can... you can be with rafe if that's what you really want." he nodded and i closed my lips. none of this was making sense, he knows what he did to me. how could he stand here and say things like this?

"that's exactly what i want dad." i eyed him and he shrugged. "you love him? even after what he did you love him?" i started to grow angry. no one knows rafe like i do so when people say things about him it upsets me. "i love him dad yes. and quite frankly our relationship is none of your business. he was there for me when you weren't... regardless of what he's done i know that he will be there for me.. he will protect me. some things you could never do." he only nodded like he wanted to understand.

"you are no longer a part of my life. i came here to tell you that the house is sold, your rentals are no longer existing. everything you wanted done is done. the only thing i ask of you is that you leave and never come back-"

i jumped at a loud crash, causing me to turn.

my dads face went from sad to worried at the sound of wards struggles. another loud crash made me back up, my dad rushing past me and into the room over. i peered behind the post, seeing a man who was choking ward. my eyes widened as my dad grabbed the man, throwing him into the wall.

"sunny go-" my dad yelled but before i could move i watched in horror as the man drew a knife. i covered my mouth, "dad!" i yelled as the man raised his arm, bringing down the knife into my dads shoulder. he screamed out in pain, clutching his shoulder as he fell back.

it wasn't a second until ward struggled to fight back, grabbing his own knife. he yelled as the man wrapped what looked to be like a cord around his neck.

i was frozen, full of terror as i rushed to do something.

i've always watched as terrible things happened around me. feeling the fear and growing scared of it while i stayed frozen in place. i didn't care for ward or my dad much but i couldn't sit there and watch while they were getting murdered right in front of me.

i was a good person once before, i can still be that same person.

so i grabbed the only thing i could find next to me. it was a glass bowl and it may not seem like much but i could use it to at least injure the attacker.. right?

my stepped forward, throwing the bowl as hard as i could. it landed on his head, causing him to falter back. ward struggled, raising the knife as my dad tried to get up. "sunny go now!" he screamed, pleading as i looked for anything to help me, to help ward as he tried to fight back.

ward screamed loudly as the attacker stabbed him, causing my eyes to water. my hands shook as i grabbed a small hammer, "sunny don't!" my dad yelled as i ran for it, my mind in fight mode. before i could even get close the attacker dropped ward, standing straight and heading right for me.

"no!" my dad yelled, getting up but the attacker only grabbed him, using the knife ward once had and raising it up again. i grew too close, the attacker using his arm and shoving me back. my body landed on the table, pain shooting through my back as my dad struggled. he threw my dad by ward, flipping the knife and eyeing them.

"you weren't supposed to die." his head cocked towards me, my eyes filling with tears as i stood up. "but you've seen too much." he turned to me but before he could take a step his body was flung onto the ground.

when rafe looked at me his eyes were filled with worry, he was scared for me. then they turned to anger as he stalked towards the attacker.

"rafe he's got a knife!" ward yelled as i stood there in shock. that didn't phase rafe as he angrily yelled, dodging the blows the attacker was trying to give him.

he ducked, grabbing the man's arm and throwing him on the floor. everything was happening so fast, rafe's hand on my hips as he gestured for me to move. my feet carried me to my dad, crouching down and putting pressure on his wounds. it felt like i wasn't even there, like this wasn't happening and my body was moving without any thought.

rafe grabbed something i couldn't see, swinging and the man flyed to the ground.

i was crying, feeling the wetness on my cheeks. my mind wasn't letting me feel that emotion as i pressed down on my dads wounds. he groaned in pain, "it's okay sunny rose." he whispered as i turned. the man was on the ground defenseless finally, rafe looking at me.

he clenched his jaw, grabbing the man by the shirt. then he wouldn't stop, he punched the man as ward pleaded for him to stop. i released my dad, reaching over to rafe who was in a fit of rage.

my hand creeped onto his, his body going ridged as he dropped him finally.

"are you okay? you want me to call the police?"

everyone stopped, the screaming stopped as we heard the voice. my eyes stayed frozen on rafe's hands, the blood i was getting all over him. rafe turned, eyes wide as he was still hovering over the man.

"no no no we're good we don't need the police we're good!" rafe yelled, removing my hand to hold up his arm. his attempt to shield the scene failed horribly as i refused to look up.

"are you sure... ward? is that you? jim rose?" the man yelled and my eyes widened. "we gotta go." i mumbled to rafe, my body turning as i grabbed my dad. rafe finally stood up, "no hey we're good get outta here!" he yelled, my eyes running down my dads body. he was bleeding fast, my arms trying to stand him up.

he was like dead weight, trying his best to help as i groaned.

rafe lifted him with ease, "you got it?" he asked me, hands cupping my cheek. "yeah yeah go." i assured him, cringing at the blood i know he left.

-
one more chapter
:,(