04

It was a long day for everyone learning about the environment and the importance of understanding Pandora's nature. This was only just a small pill of it. Sok'anya has other things planned for them but that will wait until the next day. She was exhausted herself; mentally, physically and emotionally.

Sok'anya made the bonfire for them to surround themselves around to warm up. It was chilly here during the night. Spider helped catch some fish earlier and brought back at least two for them all to share.

"That's a big one" Zdog looked amazed leaning forward watching the fish be cooked.

"That's what she said" Lopez mumbles making the whole group laugh. Again, Mansk was the quietest of them all. But you could still see that smile at the corners of his mouth as he adjusted his sunglasses. It's obvious he didn't want to laugh out loud like the rest. Well, except Miles, Spider and Sok'anya. Miles was currently in his own world. Things are running through his mind. Spider didn't understand what was said but didn't even want to know. Sok'anya was also confused but didn't ask. She told herself that it would be best for her to not know.

Spider was shivering a little bit which Miles took notice and snapped back his attention to the human boy. The fire didn't seem to be doing much work. Plus Spider is a human after all. Quaritch reaches into his backpack to yank out a green blanket and covers the boy with it.

"I don't need it" Spider smacks it away. "I can see you shaking like a leaf. Just take it" Miles threw the blanket back onto him. Sok'anya couldn't help but smile at the two before looking towards the fire when her and Recom Miles almost met eyes. Sok'anya observes how gentle and kind Miles is towards her son.

"Hey um...Sok, you have any siblings?" Prager asked. Sok'anya's eyes looks at his and calmly replied "They are dead. I was middle child of older sister and younger brother" she told him.

"O-Oh....I'm sorry" Prager slowly looks back at the bonfire. Sok'anya shakes her head looking back towards the flames as the flashbacks of her home and her people dying. "It happened long time ago. I miss them a lot...and my mother and father.." a tear shed down her face.

"What an asshole. Why would you ask her that question?" Lyle scold at Prager who looked regretful for asking. Sok'anya wasn't mad that he asked. She knows he didn't mean any harm and was just trying to make small talk. But enough about her, she wanted to know about them.

"Do you any of you have family too?" She asked.

The Recoms exchanged looks and then Lyle began to share first. "Uh everything is a bit of blur since I uh...well since we—came back. I don't know or remember much but I'm sure I...I had family...on earth but I hope they are doing just fine. Being on Pandora for so long they probably forgot I existed or if I'm dead or...whatever they are thinking"

Sok'anya nods slowly as she looks at all of them. She knew they were different. So very different. Far from Jake Sully and Norm Spellman's avatars. Thinking back to past conversations they had, she remembers Ja mentioning that they are Recombinants. A hybrid warrior that has been implanted with memories of a human. That explains how troubled they are answering her question.

"Mom, the fish" Spider was patting her arm a few times now to bring her back to Pandora. Sok'anya nods smiling "Thank you Spider. Sorry I just stared off"

"Do we need to repeat everything we just told you?" Lopez asked exhaustedly. Sok'anya shakes her head "No no, it's okay. No big deal" she offers him a smile.

"Good because most of us had the same answer. We don't know or remember much shit" Lopez said before taking a bite of the fish. "Hmm...not bad" he continued eating. "C'mon colonel! The fish isn't bad! Taste it!" Lyle encouraged his leader. Miles closely observed the fish making sure it's not poison. The only way to find out is to actually eat it. And he did eat it finally. He seemed relieved to eat and continued to do so. No different than the fish on earth.

After dinner, they all camped out. Everyone was sound asleep. Prager was on night watch and while he wasn't paying much attention to Spider or Sok'anya, she was trying to cut the bracelet off her wrist but it was useless.

What is this made of that I cannot cut?! I need to escape. Me and my son need to get away from these demons.

No...I can't endanger my people...they have been through enough.

We need to get far away at least.

Sok'anya slowly sat up and looks around seeing a large stick shaped like a Bat the humans call it. She got up quietly as she could to pick it up.

This is good, I can use this.

Slowly she went to approach Prager who had his back turned before striking him against the head with a swing. She gently placed the stick down and went over to Spider shaking him.

"Mom?" He yawns but his mouth is covered. "Let's go" she whispers to him. The mother and son made their escape. Both running through the forest, trying to get far away from the group as possible. A few minutes after they ran away, Mansk had woken up and found Prager knocked unconscious, still breathing thankfully. Mansk glares in the direction the two ran off in. He could smell them.

They shouldn't have gone far...

Mansk puts his sunglasses on and grabs his hydra gun machine along with a couple of more weapons before going after them without waking up the others. Sok'anya and Spider stopped running to catch their breath. "Do you think we are far enough?" He asked.

"I-I think so. But we gotta keep going—" Suddenly Mansk came out from behind the plants and wrapped an arm around her neck with the blade of his knife inches away from her neck. "Stay still" he told her before kicking her right leg making her lose balance, falling to her knees.

"Let her go you bastard!" Spider yelled, about to jump this man before Mansk points his knife at him. "Don't move" his eyes cannot be seen but a bit of the constellations on his face glowed. Mansk was unimpressed how dumb they were trying to escape. Why go through this kind of trouble knowing there's a tracker?

Suddenly, they heard something moving behind the plants around them. Not only did the darkness surround them but...

Viperwolves....sounds like more than one.

Mansk slowly let's go of Sok'anya who immediately grabs her son to stay close to her. Mansk placed his finger on his throat comm to contact Colonel of the situation. Shortly after he could even finish, Sok'anya and Spider's scream could be heard throughout the whole jungle.