Chapter 1, Just Another Day

1890 years ago

Bhuta rose from the cavern lake which served as her bed. The Spirit of the Startouched Mountains . shook herself as water fell from the tree on her shoulder and her stone and gem pelt. "A new day of nothing, great." She mewed boredly to herself.

She was the daughter of Terra, the spirit of the land. He/they was more specifically the spirit of the continent, but no one really stressed that detail. It was natural she was a spirit of a land formation on his continent. Even her brother Ysbrid was the spirit of the largest forest in the leaps as well. She also hadn't talked with either for a century, maybe two or ten.

She was basically the queen of these mountains, with every spirit there obedient to her authority. The loner tribes in the mountains did some interesting things and often had her as a dominant spirit whom they offered and prayed to, but it had gotten old over the centuries and millennia. She just wanted something new to happen, something to break up the monotony of her immortal life.

It was then that a white vulpine head followed by the rest of the floating fox and its nine tails. "Good morning your majesty, or happy dawn as the southern kingdoms say it." The kitsune barked.

Bhuta smiled and flicked her tail at the sight of the traveling long fox spirit. He had come from the eastern continent which was dominated by canines and was one of the spirits with a more nebulous domain. "Good morning Rakku, what brings you here?"

"Just thought these mountains could use some more luck, and heard you were bored out of a century or two." Rakku giddily remarked

"Well you would be right on the second one, practically nothing new happens here. It's the same stuff decade in and decade out." Bhuta mewed showing her boredom.

"Why not travel around as a mortal? I've heard of several spirits, including myself, doing it and it tends to be pretty enjoyable if I do say so myself." He barked energetically as the gold coin on his forehead shined in the light.

"Mortals are so, so lowly. I'd be surprised if they had anything truly interesting happen in their lives. And I can't just leave the mountains, their my domain and someone has to keep this place going." Bhuta mewed unimpressed by the luck spirit's suggestion.

"You only see it from your perspective. Even in dust there are glittering diamonds to be found if you look hard enough. And I think with how powerful your father is, he could manage a mountain range for one or 20 years." Rakku barked while waving his paw at Bhuta's notion.

Bhuta thought about this. "I'll talk with my father, but only because this something new. It doesn't mean your right about mortals." She was as stubborn as a mountain and unafraid to show it.

"I'm always right eventually. Now I need to visit a tribe that needs a little change in luck. See you later your majesty." Rakku yipped before peacing out and floating away into the distance.

Bhuta waited for a bit before going over to a tree and putting on a gold chain necklace with an amethyst amulet with her dexterous tail and paws. Now I just need to contact Father and see if he's willing to do this. Things might finally get interesting. she thought before demanifesting and quickly traveled to the closed spot to the ground as a gemlike will-o-wisp.

When she reached the spot she remanifested her stone body and walked to a stone circle. These were placed all across the continent to honor spirits like the spirit of the stars, the spirit of the moon, the spirit of the sky, or in this case the spirit of the land. Bhuta walked into the middle of the circle and began singing in a voice which could only be described as angelic.

"As mountains rise
Up on high
Trees blow free
In forests deep
The land sings, eternally
Its ancient melody"

The ground rumbled as the rocks glowed a bright green from the magic of Bhuta's voice. "Greetings My Daughter, How Are You." boomed a great mew which sounded slightly masculine.

"I'm doing good Father. I was thinking of traveling the leaps, in a mortal disguise at least. Could you please look after the mountains while I'm gone?" She mewed respectfully.

The ground rumbled a bit. "You Have My Blessing And I'll Look After The Mountains. A Change In Perspective Might Benefit you." Terra boomed through the earth before the rocks stopped glowing.

"Benefit me how?" Bhuta mewed to herself before flicking her tail and heading off to get ready for her journey.