Chapter Two

That morning for Johnny was filled with two things screaming at him and the utter discomfort of the taste of death in his mouth. The first thing that was screaming was his alarm clock; second thing was his cat. He groaned and curled up with what little blanket he had on him, he had even managed to hug his dress pants from the day before. But the annoyance of the two things demanding things out him caused soft curse words to to slip out as he made his way out of bed and turn off the arm. He stood up and stumbled over a liquor bottle and some clothes. He sighed all the way to his cats food bowl, then he picked it up to feed her and then he put it down. Which had caused her to shut up for once.

After that, Johnny shuffled his way back to bed and groan and kept groaning from the pounding headache he was getting from him drinking a whole bottle of cheap, bad booze last night as he watched a bad movie. He was exhausted to the pointed that he didn't want to go to work, so, he planned on calling in sick and he knew that his director wouldn't like it, but he did it anyways. Which the call had ended shortly and he put his phone on mute, so he wouldn't be disturbed by any text or calls from God knows what.

Johnny fell back asleep shortly after his cat layed atop his back, which he liked the warmth and comfort.

He ended up waking up to a loud meowing, which meant that his cat was hungry again. He sat up and rubbed his eyes and grabbed his phone, looking at the time just to see that it's lunch time. So, he got out of bed and made his way over to feed the pretty little white thing. He went into the bathroom afterwards so, he could use it and take a quick shower. After that, he went and brushed his teeth and went to get dressed.

Johnny had felt better after sleeping in and taking shower, which made him think about if he should got in for work, but then he shook his head. He figured he could have himself an okay lunch at a cafe down the way. It was a new one that had just recently opened and heard it was good. He decided to go. He slipped on some dress shoes to match his black slacks and turtleneck, then slipped on his trench coat that he always wears. Then he slipped out his room and then out the building to have him met with a kiss of the cold air of noon. He scrunched up his face and shoved his hands into his pocket to make his way down the cafe, which was located near a higher up business. He tried to work there before, but he didn't meet their expectations of his outer appearance and that was it. He met everything else besides that one little thing. Dumb in his mind, but snobby, old rich folk were the dumb one for not hiring him. He's a great worked!

Johnny walked a little more, because he needed to reach the cross walk and he did make it to the cafe. He looked at the outer appearance and it seemed to cozy, almost the vibe of a cottage. Plants hanging from the ceiling; wooden floor; wooded tables that looked natural and they even had two cats roaming the place.

He went inside and went up to the counter were he was met with some younger woman, but she had given Johnny a warm smile and asked what he wanted and all it was nothing special. A latte and a sandwich, then he paid and she told him that it would be brought out shortly. So, he went to a table that didn't have a lot of people around it and he sat down. Then a cat came up to him and instantly went to pet it. It was an older cat, black with white hairs coming in. But he liked that cat and spent about ten minutes petting it and letting it chew on him before he got his order, which the cat ran away from him and he let out a small sigh.

"His name is Grumpy because he doesn't like anyone, but he seemed to like you," The woman from before said and it drew Johnny's attention to her, "the owner is thinking about getting rib of him because he's getting a kitten for his female cat." She added on.

"Would the owner be willing to let a customer take him? I'll pay a lot for Grumpy." Johnny spoke and the woman looked shocked that he was willing to pay an arm and a leg for the old thing, but then she shrugged. "I'm not sure, I can get him for you."