18| Those eyes

. . .

End of Jungkook's POV

"Thank you," I gently take the chocolate which he offered me, "hey, don't mention it." Jimin laughs with slight softness, taking the seat next to me, here to visit jungkook and me for our interview.

"Did you prepare everything? I can feel you're scared..." He justifies the reason my legs are shaking and my hands constantly rubbing against each other, I glance up at jungkook who entered the room, "I'm only nervous, I don't know, I'll make a mess. It's bad."

"Eh you won't, trust me." He touches my cheek with his index finger, making my heart slow down a little, being the kindest soul and being a best friend of mine since the first day I came to work, "I believe in you, rumiko. You're gonna be amazing. Just make sure to wear your confidence, that's the key to the best and successful event." He skims his warm hand over my head, gliding it down my nape.

I smile at jimin, and move forth to hug him, finding his hugs affecting in the same way as some soothing cream affects on a burn. "Are you ready?"

Moving back, I nod at jungkook, gazing up at his face after he's got some slight make-up done, which he does not even need to be handsome and attractive. "Come," he extends his veiny tattooed hand to me to call me out, I give one last glimpse to jimin and he shows a reassuring smile before we leave the room to go to the place where the interview is kept.

"Did you eat the chocolate?" He doesn't leave me hand, fortunately, and I walk behind him but in a quick pace to follow his legs which are faster than my own ones, "no, I keep it in my bag. I'll have it in the car."

"Don't be under pressure, you'll be just fine, hmm? If you're not afraid, it'll always be a good thing." His cold hand squeezes around mine, letting mine transfer some of the heat to his skin, subtly, without much notice of the both of us. He opens the door of the car, so I make an eye contact with him, a brief but everlasting one with lots of unspoken words exchanged between them.

His rosy lips curve upwards in a faint smile at me when I sit inside the black SUV.

10 PM

"Damn, that was so fucking hectic....oh..." He comes out of the studio, exhaling cold breaths of stressful tension, he falls down on the sofa but laughs, "I've never been this happy before, the interview went so good. You were amazing." His words suddenly direct at me, I stop sipping on the milk tea, staring at him with a clueless mind.

I almost forgot an answer and he's saying that I was amazing? He's speaking a lie just to make me happy.

"No way," I'm in big denial for the assertion he just made. He was the one who did the best, handled everything in a professional way and made it quite easy for me by taking most time to answer on his own. Jungkook sits up, keeping the list and set of papers away from him, "don't you dare say that. You were so good, and for a rookie, you almost felt like you've done these kind of events before also for you to be this good. Even if you stuttered a little bit, that's fine, it's only natural for you since you're a new recruit. But about everything else, you handled it too welland I'm not lying, I'm being honest, okay...? Trust me, even our managers were talking about this, they all loved your expressions and way of answering. You did an amazing job."

The more he describes about the interview, the lesser anxiously worried I feel. It's just the effect he could have on me, his caring words with the support and encouragement, his low lilt that he uses while having a conversation with me, and his shiny orbs containing the affection and some unexplained glint of emotion.

For a moment, I got lost in his eyes, but just after I realised I'd been staring at his face for too long, I chicken out and hang me head low, "maybe...but I'm not satisfied, anyways, I'll be more prepared next time so that I can be true to my expectations. Thank you for those words," I show gratitude towards him, feeling somewhat better after talking with jungkook. He gives a little smile and inches further to cup the side of my face, "you're a menace. Can you be proud of yourself for once?"

He makes me smile much harder than I've done since a while, "I don't know. Not yet, I still haven't done anything to be proud of myself and feel good about my work, yet. Maybe, in future, I could, possibly."

"Hmm...that's a wonderful thought you have. But stop being so harsh on yourself for the people out there, make sure to check on yourself since you're the one who's working." Mister hada immediately steps inside, causing some interruption to our slow yet deep chat, so I get up and look at him with a curious anticipation, wanting to hear what he has to say.

"You were really all cool out there, uh...it was excellent, kid. You did very well." He also appreciates me for the work I've done, but all this compliment makes me feel furthermore even more attentive about myself.

I bow before him, "that's not it, please. I'm still learning, I could do more well if I practiced even harder for that one question I stuttered in." The guilt I have for being so awkward and quiet for some seconds after struggling with my stutter in one of the questions, I wish to forget it soon enough so that i don't overthink and waste my time on it. Mister hada laughs out loud at this, his big tummy almost shaking around, "that was fine. It was okay because you were able to pick up your thoughts much faster after that, so I found it cute."

"I did too, she looked so clueless but that was adorable. I'm sure many people will find it cute as well." Jungkook who's now changed into comfy clothes, comes around and gazes at me, being a tease. Mister hada laughs it off and exits the room.

I pretend to be unaffected by what he said, though I liked it. "No...." I shake my head and walk away to get my stuffs before we all head back to the office. "Hey, I've gotten your baggage." Jungkook grabs my wrist, preventing me to leave. I smile and take my bag from his hold, "thank you..." He nods, "I wanted to have some work done, and since we can't stay in office anymore after dinner. Will you be fine with coming to my place? Or are you too tired? It's okay if you refuse, I'll understand because I'm too."

He worries too much, unreasonably, "no, I'm totally fine. I could bring some ice-cream because I just got them yesterday, and I didn't know who to share with. So it's okay, I can work for some more time."

He shifts his eyes from my eyes to down, at my lips, his deep-sunken eyes crinkle more once I end my words, he smiles and pushes back his hair, "great."

---