Poisonous Glass Shards

At the hospital wing

"Ow..." Ophelia hissed as Madam Pomfrey looked at her apologetically, attempting to take out the shards of glass from her fingers.

"Sorry dear...but you really should've had the drink I gave you before. Then this wouldn't be as painful."

It was disgusting though.

Holding back tears, Ophelia looks at Madam Pomfrey who has finally stepped back and looked at her bloody hand.

"Alright, I'll be just a minute dear. I just need to clean the wounds and bring a bandage. That wretched poltergeist has been stealing our equipment, so sorry if I take a while. I have to go find some more. But for now, take this cloth and wrap it around to stop the bleeding."

Madam Pomfrey turned to leave before calling out to another nurse.

"Celia, just look after anyone else that comes in, will you?"

Ophelia watched Madam Pomfrey leave and the other nurse tends to a first-year on the other side of the room, his skin swelling and turning pink. Ophelia noticed the end of his hospital bed labelled 'Oliver Creely - Bee-sting Jinx'.

Ophelia wrapped the cloth around her right hand before propping herself up and leaning against the pillows. She reached for her bag, took out her book and places it in front of her. After a minute or so, the book suddenly opened up, flicked through its pages and stopped at the bookmarked chapter.

The book looked like a regular one at first, one with images and words, except, the words were scrambled and impossible to read. However, this all changed when the book began to project its images and rearrange its words on the page

(The book comes to life when the reader is focusing on the book. When that focus is broken, the book closes)

 When that focus is broken, the book closes)

(Imagine this but with words)

Ophelia looked down at the book, beginning to read before a dramatic cry, muffled behind the doors, interrupted her thoughts.

"My father will hear about this! Do you hear that you...you big old oaf?!"
The doors suddenly burst open, and a large hairy man carrying a lean, blonde-haired boy, dramatically whined in his arms.

"Hagrid? What you doing here...carrying him...?" Ophelia questioned, trying not to laugh at the unusual sight set before her.

Hagrid place him down on the right bed next to Ophelia and walked towards her in worry.