Ch 20: Together

~Adria~

I was awakened by the sound of the ocean; waves crashing against the shore from afar. Water running back and forth in an endless loop of comfort. I opened my eyes with difficulty as the sun peeked through the curtains, shining brightly over my skin. I looked to my left, wondering if it was all a dream. Namor wasn't there and for a moment I felt anguished. Was it real?

There was a sound coming from the bathroom. I rose from the comfort of my bed and followed the sound of running water. The bathroom door was open and inside I saw Namor, washing his hair with my shampoo. He's here. He's real. It was real.

I leaned on the doorframe and found myself staring, enjoying every part of him. From the tip of his soft ears to the faint hair on those thick thighs. I was remembering the things he did to me. The way he felt, the way he moaned my name, and how every bit of me had succumbed to his touch.

"Princess?"

I blinked twice and hid my body away from him. I felt heat run to my face over to my cheeks and forehead. I can't believe we did it.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I don't mind. Will you please join me?"

His smile was captivating, enticing, and his voice so gentle as if speaking louder would break me. I was reluctant, too ashamed to walk in there, naked, and let him see me during daylight.

"Is something wrong?"

Namor looked worried, and there was a hint of panic on the back of his throat. I shook my head, looking at the floor, trying to find something to focus on.

"I'm just... the thing is... I—"

I felt the corners of my lips tilt upward. I was so shy I wanted the ground to swallow me.

"Adria, don't be shy. I have seen everything there is to see."

I widened my eyes, almost choking on my saliva. Finally, after a second or two, I walked over to the little shower and let the warm water run over my chest.

"Look at me."

He demanded, his voice low and soft. I obeyed and found myself feeling light-headed. His eyes had always been this beautiful? I didn't know, but the longer I stared, the more I got lost in him. Namor ran his hands over my shoulders, down my arms, and then finally laced his fingers with mine. I felt my heart hammering against my chest and then I heard his, both rhythms playing a beautiful song.

"You're beautiful."

Namor said, leaning closer as water dribbled over his head and down his face. His earspools and nosepiece were gone, making his face appear sweeter. I lifted my left hand and grazed over his face, caressing his cheekbone with my thumb. The light barely made it through the bathroom door, painting a side of him in gold and bronze.

"You're beautiful too."

I said and he smiled. I could have sworn he was blushing from the way he looked away, biting his lower lip. We were both so taken aback by each other that we could barely talk.

"How are you feeling?"

He asked, his thumbs rubbing on the back of my wrists.

"Better than most days. What about you?"

"Better than most days,"

He replied, mimicking the way I spoke.

"I slept for the first time in months. It was the best sleep I ever had. Your bed... it's comfortable. I would like to have one of those back home. Exactly like the one you have."