GUNNER

To describe the Firm spaceship. A black, jagged, metal beast of a machine with three floors. A triangular shaped, spiky ship that seemed to be a weapon itself. The ship hovered far away from earth. It had a destination, but the captain of The Black Saber didn't rush to meet his end goal. Not yet. The captain of the Firm wanted to bask in his glory.

Throwing on his typical orange jumpsuit, the tall, muscular, lime-green scaled lizard walked through the main corridor of the ship. His yellow eyes quickly adjusted to the lights of the hall. His eyes were not like human eyes but were yellow circles on the sides of his head. Serving as a pupil was a black slit, much like the reptiles of earth.

The lights of the corridor slowly changed to different colors. Green, red, purple, yellow and colors in between. The lights were small, but they covered the floor, which contrasted nicely with the black walls of the ship. Casting odd shadows on the faces of the Firm as they went about their day.

Like The Endurance, the hallways were quite large, but held a threatening aura. Where the walls of The Endurance were smooth, The Black Saber's walls were dark and full of small spikes.

As Gunner walked, his feet could be heard pounding against the metal-grated floor. He didn't walk, he lumbered. As did all his species. They all were a bit bulky.

"It's a good day to be a Firm, Gunner!" boasted the large, anthropomorphic reptile, walking into the break room as the door swished open electronically. The room held a large counter, with a food replicator in plain sight and some very comfortable leather chairs. As well as a few desks for eating and for using small digital pads on.

Tork's body wasn't horrible, but he was slightly out of shape from all the desk sitting through the years. In his prime, rising through the ranks to become the overlord of the Firm, he was far from lazy. He had broken necks and broken skulls. Broken out of prisons and executed many families. His eyes were yellow like his son's but had succumbed to cloudiness. If one were to describe his head and face, it certainly would be the head of an alligator or crocodile on two broad shoulders with a rounded gut and on two thick legs. A sort of humanoid reptile was how the Firm was described by humans. Captain Tork's snout was pointed and long, scales cracked and dark green. Small, sharp teeth stuck out from his mouth even when it was closed. His movements were slow, but also full of strength. His arms, when bare, were covered in old wounds from past fights. Of which he had fought plenty. His hands were enormous with black claws, fingernails slightly longer than needed.

Standing alongside him in this break room was a pink Firm named Azoth, a longtime friend of the species and total supporter of Tork. Not as important as the captain, but deadly and sociopathic in his actions. He wasn't largely built, he was more of a gecko. His arms and legs thin, but he made up for it with incredible agility.

The third and final alien in the room was Tork's son. The bright, green scales meant that his age was quite young. Perhaps in his mid-twenties in human years. His large muscles were impossible to miss. Gunner did not share his father's height of seven feet. The son of the captain was six feet. Average height for a Firm.

"I'm just glad to be off Earth. That planet was a hellhole." Gunner held a cup of hot liquid in one hand, which was a bitter tasting tea. An old recipe from the Firm planet. The planet was destroyed Long ago.

By Gunner's side was a large countertop he leaned against.

"Earth did us good." Tork chuckled, proud of his accomplishment from a few months ago. "Soon, son, we will rule the galaxies. A few humans have died, but so what? Shows honor and strength." He smirked, yellow eyes narrowing. Voice deep with age and tiredness. Both father and son stand in front of one another. Surrounded by counters and pots and boxes of old food.