1. First Time - Part 1/2

Max was feeling a weird kind of anticipation. Today was the day of his date with Daniel, his first date with the man in fact. Well, actually, his first date ever.

It had been quite unexpected how it had happened. The man was now back in Red Bull, and they had talked a lot, and then they had drunk a bit and laughed.

And Daniel had kissed him. It had been quick and chaste, but when the man had pulled back, Max could see the burning desire in his look, and he had felt butterflies in his stomach when he clumsily leaned in again, showing his inexperience.

Daniel had immediately noticed.

"First kiss, mate?" he had asked with a laugh, clearly meaning it as a joke, but Max had flushed red, making the aussie blink at him, "Really?"

"Oh, shut up," Max had angrily retorted, and tried to push past Daniel, but the man had held him back and apologized.

Max had let himself be soothed, and a few kisses later, he had been invited for dinner at Daniel's place, and here he was now, trying his best to hold his nerves in.

"Max, hi" Daniel said, looking at Max with a warm smile on his face. Max smiled back, slightly shy, and he could just feel the heat on his cheeks when he saw the amused glance from the other, probably noticing his nervousness.

"Hi," Max said back, "I'm here,"

"I see that," Daniel said with amusement, gesturing Max inside, "and don't you look lovely,"

"I ... do?" Max asked, for some reason feeling as if Daniel was making fun of him

"You do, and I assure you, I have a lovely taste," Daniel said, laughter almost audible in his voice. He pointed Max towards the couch to sit down, before sitting next to him.

"So, how have you been?" Daniel asked when he saw Max sitting with a straight back in the couch, his hands gripping his pants nervously. He hoped to put the other man a bit more at ease.

Talking a bit about racing and video games did seem to do the trick, and soon they were moving towards the kitchen, Max looking curiously while Daniel was cooking. The conversation was just lulled when Max's stomach growled audible, making Daniel laugh.

"Someone is expecting to be fed soon," he said with humour, making Max smile back embarrassedly at him.

"Just a bit hungry. It smells wonderful," Max said back, amazed at the other one's ability to cook.

"Don't worry, it's about finished," Daniel said, preparing the plates, and putting them on the table.

"This is delicious," Max complimented while they are eating, making Daniel smile, "you are a great cook,"

"Thanks. I learned from my mom," Daniel said.

"That's wonderful," Max complimented, "I can't cook very well to be honest,"

"Not everyone needs to be good in everything," Daniel answered, making Max smile.

"You do a good job trying though," Max complimented, making Daniel look slightly proud, but trying to not to show it because he didn't want to make himself seem arrogant.

The banter went back and forth a bit, Daniel getting up to prepare the dessert, which Max devoured. A bit of the chocolate had gotten on his fingers, which he licked off, surprised to see the slightly dark look in Daniel's face, which disappeared soon enough.

"If you want, I can do the dishes," Max offered, he had finished.

"No, leave them. Someone will come to clean tomorrow," Daniel said, and Max nodded, suddenly feeling a bit out of his depth again, unsure how to proceed now.