4: Death Does Not Fear Lewis

We enter the gym and look around.

"Maybe he's working out? " I suggest as Wendy and Kevin nod.

"He likes to a lot. And he isn't here" says Kevin.

We walk into the fitness area and Lewis notices us immediately.

"Hey what are you guys doing here? " he asks as I look over at him.

I immediately notice the fact that there are swords on the wall.

As Wendy and Kevin try to tell him that he is next, he obviously gets mad.

"Hey um Lewis. Can you just stop working out for a moment? " I ask as he stops doing so.

I slither in between the machine an take the knives off of the wall.

At least it'll calm my friends nerves.

See the thing about this is that there are certain rules. You can't kill yourself if it isn't your time to die. Yet that's how I cheated death right? Cause my turn was next. In the vision a wire wrapped around my throat and I choked to death. So clearly it was fine that I did it myself.

Thankfully Ian and I have a low chance of dying. Ian didn't exactly cheat death, but as long as the next one for him is stopped, he won't die.

"Lewis can't die! Death fears Lewis! " I hear him say as there is a slight snapping sound.

My eyes widen immediately.

He pulls down on the weights again and his head gets smashed, causing blood to fly everywhere.

I intervined with his death though. So why did he die?

I drop the blades that I was holding onto as a metallic clank is heard.

I'm sad cause of Lewis right? The asshole who only cares about himself.

No. Erin is next. And I haven't done shit to even help her.

Of course I need to go through the pictures again with Kevin and Wendy, but I don't want my best friend to die!

I head home, a ten minute walk from the school, and I go into my car.

I let out a sigh and start up my vehicle.

Within seconds I'm at Build It. Ian's job.

I head inside as I notice he is doing after hours and is the only one here.

I see him loading his nail gun and I walk over to him.

"Hey Zip" I say as he looks up at me. Last night we started calling each other nicknames.

"Ello Pip" he says with a smile.

I look at him and he could tell something was wrong.

"You okay Pip? "

"Um... I don't know. I watched Lewis die" I say as he sighs.

"How did he die though?"

"Originally he would have died by knifes snapping the wires on the exercise machine. They snapped on their own since I removed them, in attempt to help him not die. Even if he was an asshole. He died by the weights snapping into each other" I say as Ian pulls me in to a hug.

"It's not your fault he died. I'mma let you know that before you burst into tears when thinking things over. You tried to help him. Just figure out the other deaths and help them out" he says.

"Zip"

He looks into my eyes.

"Yes Pip? "

"You can still die from this" I say as he nods a little.

"I'm aware. I wasn't in the vision. I just was pulled outta the accident" he says with a sigh.

"So be careful with your nail gun" I say as he rolls his eyes.

"But I love it"

"Zip"

"Okay I know. I'll be more careful" he says.

He finishes his shift and we head out.

We go to his house and he stops his van but doesn't get out.

"Y/n. Why don't you just move in with me? " he asks.

I blush a little at the idea. I mean I know why he asked, but we just got together.

"I um. I mean sure why not" I say as he smiles.

The next few hours was us heading to my house, packing my stuff, and just moving into his place.

My parents didn't care. They probably won't even miss me. My cousin would have. If he was still alive. Sam. Oh god do I miss him.

I mean he thought he cheated death cause he killed someone. Yet then died on the plane. Of course it wasn't because of the death plan. It was because the plan was shifted to the next person.

Clear died and she was the last survivor. So it just passed around loosely.

I put my stuff in the bathroom and then take a moment to look in the mirror.

This is my second time of going through this. And it's Ian's ig. Although he never had a death plan.

I gulp.

Erin's next.