Useless obsession

The brunette's shoes walked down the corridor quickly, her gaze was fixed in front of her but without paying attention to anything, definitely not when in her left hand she had a piece of paper on whom her destiny was written, already decided for the coming weeks and in her right hand the confirmation that it left her no room for doubt or misunderstanding.

A further ting guided her eyes on the screen of the phone, squeezed in her right hand, speeding through the letters that appeared on the umpteenth message that her mother had sent her that morning, yet another message that would ruin her mood throughout the day.

[ Did you sign up? ] Five minutes ago.

[ Yes. ] 4 minutes ago vV

[ I've been worried about calling a tutor. You'll be taking lessons all this week and next one, 4:30 to 7:00. This way you will have time to study for other subjects as well. Don't waste my money. ] Now

She didn't even bother to answer to her mother, because it would have been useless, anything she would have told her would have changed nothing.

As her eyes continued to observe the bright screen whose reflection was painted in her irises now devoid of any emotion, her left hand squeezed the smooth paper of the poster in a stronger grip. The steps got faster and faster, she wanted to get to class as soon as possible and not think about it as long as she could.

Before she could even get close to her class, her body collided with that of another person. Both fell back due to the impact and in doing so, Yeji's left hand loosened her grip by dropping the poster onto the school's wooden floor.

As she lowered her eyes she caught a splash of blue that immediately made her identify the girl in front of her and for some reason she stopped in her movements, looking in silence at the other picked up the poster from the ground and with curiousity looking at its contents.

<< A math competition? >> Ryujin asked the brunette, lifting her eyes from the sheet of paper in her hands and raising an eyebrow, her black eyes looking dirictly on those brown ones.

<< Weren't you the one who wanted to kill the Ministry of Education. >> She went on, receiving no response.

<< I don't want to kill anyone. >> Yeji evidently didn't catch the irony in the phrase of blue but her words were pure truth, she did not want to kill anyone, maybe slap someone but she did not have a murderous instinct...

<< I know, I know... but damn, math? I could never. >>

<< It's not that difficult, you just have to enter the logic of numbers. >> The brunette explained and the calm tone she used made it clear that this wasn't a difficult issue for her.

<< That's exactly my problem. >> As she spoke those words, she decided to return the paper to its rightful owner.

<< Is that why you were stressed the other night? >> She added, in an attempt to understand more the brunette in front of her.

<< I wasn't stressed. >>

<< Of course, in fact going to unknown club for the first time without anyone and secretly is something you do because you are extremely in a good mood, isn't it? >> > The brunette was beginning to harbor a certain hatred towards that damn blue's eyebrow, because every time she lied to her it got up to accompany the sarcastic words of the girl, how could she always understand when she didn't tell the truth?

<< Ok, I was slightly stressed. But this is cool of the day, I found out today that I have the pleasure of participating in the competition. >>