-- Chapter one --

Chapter one: An Uninvited Guest to a Reality Break

Genesis Renatus, this was the name of a young boy who lived with his parents in the town of Greenery, a place where people rarely came out and interacted with one another, and where silence was their neighbour.

Genesis had to admit, he had lived a very normal life for as long as he could remember. He attended a normal school, hanging around with normal schoolmates, and even spending time with his normal parents.

(Though to be honest with himself here, there actually were always times where he felt like something was missing.

But he never really gave any thoughts about it, all he did was just shoved it way past his mind and forgot about it soon after, never did he ever bring it up later.)

Being the only child in the family, his parents loved him very much, though not too much as to not spoil him. In return, he also loved his parents too.

But one day, as he was returning from his school, he encountered a person, a man who was wearing a neat clothing and with a cloak over it, he also had short black hair and a pair of glowing yellow eyes—

—Wait, upon seeing that the child paused in his footsteps.

A pair of ... glowing yellow eyes?

He was certain that he did not meet anyone that was born with glowing yellow eyes before, not even in his entire life ever since he was born!

Well, he admitted that he had seen others with coloured eyes before, however, none of them that he ever knew about were glowing from what he could even remember.

He became extremely cautious of the man when he turned around and waved at him with a warm smile on his face.

A strange action for someone who he had never met before.

Instead of waving right back at the man, he quickly turned away as he took another path instead of the usual one back home, ignoring the man as he went past him.

(Though had he stayed a little longer, he would've seen the man glancing at him a little longer before fading right in front of him, leaving no one standing on the spot the man once stood on.

It was as if there was no one there to begin with.)

[xxx]

"Genesis, Welcome home!"

Genesis was just entering the house when he received a warm greeting and a hug from his lovely mother.

And he returned his mother's greeting with a warm smile of his own, "I'm back mother."

He placed his school bag down on the ground beside the shoe rack as he took off his shoes, placing them neatly on the shoe rack before entering the house with barefoots.

"How's your day, dear?" His mother asked him out of pure curiosity, glancing at him over her shoulder as she prepared some lunch for him. "Do you have fun?"

"I'm very lucky today," Genesis said, grinning. "Because there is no assignment that is given by them."

His mother let out a few laughter after hearing that.

"You really dislike your school teachers giving homework, do you?" She said while she continued her chuckles under her breath.

Groaning, Genesis replied grumpily to his mother, "How could I not? They're demons from hell, demons, I tell you!"

"Now, now, Gen, don't be rude to your teachers, even if they're not here at the moment," his father scolded him playfully, placing the newspaper he had in hand down on the table after closing them. "You should know that your teachers only want the best of you."