S3 Ep10

Macaque leaves in a shadow after hearing MKs speech thing. But he doesnt actually go too far, he sits on a ledge on the mountain, listening to everything whilst thinking about what MK said.

Eventually he notices everything get relatively quiet until he hears Mei disappear. A few seconds later, so does Wukong.

He had listened to what he had said to MK and felt somewhat bad for the kid. Macaque, in his mix of emotions, followed Wukong in the shadows below. Wukong noticed the odd shadows and immediately knew who it was. He fell off his Somersault cloud and transformed into a bird, giving him a lighter landing, then turning back into his normal self once he was on the ground.

He lands on some flat ground with rocks surrounding him.

"What do you want, Macaque?"

Macaque followed the shadows from the rocks and spoke.

"Why did you just leave them?"

"Why does it matter- and why do you care?"

"Hes your successor. He needs a mentor! He needs you, Wukong!"

Macaque spoke louder as he appeared out from the shadows, in front of Wukong. Wukong, not giving any reaction.

"You didnt answer my question. Why do you care?"

Macaque didnt reply. He didnt care, or he thought he didnt, so why now?

"ANSWER ME, MACAQUE. WHY DO YOU SUDDENLY CARE? BECAUSE YOU WANT TO USE HIM AGAIN? TELL ME."

"I dont know."

"Oh, you dont know? You dont know why you suddenly want me to go back and help a kid become as strong as me? You dont know why you suddenly care? Pathetic."

"MAYBE I CARE BECAUSE YOU LEFT HIM LIKE YOU LEFT ME, WUKONG."

Macaque finally snapped at him, staring him dead in the eyes with both frustration and sadness. He thought about the day Wukong left him.

"You just slowed me down."

That, right there, is what broke him entirely.

"I SLOWED YOU DOWN? NO, YOU SLOWED ME DOWN. ALRIGHT?"

Macaque stepped closer, his eyes filled with fury.

"I HELPED YOU CONSTANTLY GET STRONGER. I HELPED YOU BECOME WHO YOU ARE. DID YOU EVER HELP ME DO THE SAME? NO. I NEVER GOT THE TIME TO WORK ON MYSELF UNTIL YOU LEFT."

Macaque placed a finger on Wukongs chest as he kept walking towards him, making Wukong back slowly into the rocks behind him.

"HOWS THAT FOR SLOWING YOU DOWN, HUH? ME BEING THE ONE YOU SPARRED WITH ALL THE TIME. ME BEING THE ONE WHO YOUD KNOCK TO THE GROUND WITH NO ENERGY LEFT, JUST SO YOU COULD TELL ME TO "TRY AND BE A BETTER TARGET"."

Macaque took a moment to breathe. His yelling made him lose his breath quicker. He sighed, took his claw off his chest and closed his eyes, then looked up at Wukong who seemed to have actually listened for once. Maybe it was because he was cornered, maybe it was because Macaque was screaming in his face about their past, or maybe it was because Wukong actually took notice of how much Macaque cared.

"You left me, Wukong and I had to find a way to train myself. Do you know how many battles I had to run away from because of my strength? How long it took me to actually get decent? Years. Hundreds of years. MK doesnt have that kind of time, unless he becomes one of us. But even then, you still have to continue the training you started with him. Dont pretend like you care about me, either. I know how you are."

Macaque disappeared into the shadows after the last few words, his voice echoing. Wukong stood in silence, not knowing what to do or say. Though, at this point, saying anything might as well be useless since Macaque already left. He sighed before summoning his Somersault cloud and flying off to where he was headed.
Macaque watched as he stopped in his tracks, disappointed in his former friend. Finally he made his way back to the mountain where MKs team was.