Chapter 1: The Bus Ride

Allen's POV:

I woke up early in the morning, specifically at four am. Just so I could go on a bus to the Science Olympiad competition today. I walked to my little brother's room to wake him up as well. He sprinted out of bed and grabbed the general supplies needed, cheat sheets, his phone, and some money to buy food at the concession stands. I was slightly happy about today because it's always fun taking these trips. I drove me and my brother to the school so we could get on the bus. I had to make sure all the students were on the bus first, including two other schools. Let's just say, the bus was packed to the brim, there were two seats left, one for the teacher and I had to share the last seat with another student teacher that I'd seen in class, but I had never really talked to him before. After I took the window seat, he sat down next to me and looked diagonally behind our seat and there was this student from one of the grades we help teach waving to him. I believe their name was Alastor.

After the teacher took attendance, the bus ride started. It was supposed to be two hours on this bus and I knew I was gonna get bored, so I packed fidget toys with me. I took out my rainbow pop-it and started messing around with it. I looked to the side of me to see the other student teacher staring at me. I blushed slightly when our eyes met each other.

I quickly turned my head to face the other direction and I heard a chuckle coming from beside me, it was him. He was so cute, I couldn't help but blush more. I was like one of those anime girls when their senpai was near them. Obviously, only I would get that reference from the anime I watch. We sat there, quietly for a minute until he spoke up.

"My name is Tobias, but everyone calls me Toby," He said. He created a tornado of butterflies in my stomach. I was so out of it that I forgot to tell him my name. He stared at me for a few minutes while I escaped reality and became trapped in his emerald-green eyes. I then realized that I had to also talk and I responded to him.

"I'm Allen," I spoke, not knowing what else to say. He looked at me and looked down at my pop-it.

"Nervous," He asked. I quickly shook my head from side to side, signaling a 'no'. "It's just for boredom," I answered. He took my pop-it and started popping the bubbles playfully. Since he did that, I took his glasses and put them on myself. I think it was a bad idea though because it was blurry.