Chapter 2: The School

Allen's POV: 

     We continued our weird conversations until we arrived at the school. I walked with the students to the classroom we are supposed to be staying in, but as Tobias walked in, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.  All I could think about was the glowing look in his eyes and how much fun we had just talking to each other on the bus. Tobias was so funny, I have never actually felt this much interested in someone than I did with him.

I think I'm in love with Tobias! I looked around the room and the kids already sat at the desks that they were gonna claim for the day. I walked over to what I could only assume was the teacher's desk. I decided to take a seat in the office-like chair and spin around in it out of pure-boredom. I was trying not to look extremely childish right now, but it was failing miserably.I don't know what I'm gonna do today because I am extremely bored and I fell in love with someone that I only just met two hours ago. The teacher walked into the room after all the students and looked at me.

"Do you wanna watch bridges?" Stacy asked me. I nodded my head and got out of the spinney chair. I followed the teacher around the school, until we got to the cafeteria. We sat down and started watching the students test their bridge that they worked so hard on.

I slightly enjoy watching the kids, but I still get really nervous being in crowded places. As we were watching another school compete, their bridge broke and I jumped almost a foot in the air from the loud noise. I accidentally left my fidget toys in my bag, which was still in the classroom. So there wasn't anything to calm me down after the bridges made loud noises. I think the teacher noticed my anxiousness and she looked at me.

"Are you okay Allen?" She asked. I looked at her and nodded slightly. I don't talk much and when people are all around, I won't talk at all. It's basically like I become non-verbal and only talk when it is an emergency, and right now I was not going to talk until the crowd dies down. I sat through the event, but I still jumped at every loud noise that was made. I turned on my phone to see a text from my brother, it explained why I have been so anxious.

"Isn't it time to take your medication? You left them in your bag but I can bring them if you want," My little brother texted. I responded with a, "yes" and I waited for him to arrive at the cafeteria. My brother ran in with a pill bottle and a cup of water. I swear, this kid is more organized than me. The teacher looked at him as he ran over to me, trying not to spill the water. I quickly took the medication from him, as well as the water since I was an hour late on taking my first dose of pills.

I made sure to take them and I gave the pill bottle back to my brother so he could put them back in my bag. I thanked him and he was on his way back to the classroom since he had nothing to do until 9 a.m. and we arrived here at 7 a.m. in the morning after the two hour bus ride.