Abortion (Single Mum/Alt. Ending) || 24

alternate ending to the single mum series because forced pregnancies are not okay for the mother and even the child's future.

i hope you like the chapter ❤️✨

_____

"no, sana..." jungkook shakes his head, pushing his wife's hands subtly when she tries to cup his cheek, leaning forward for a kiss, "i'm not in the mood," he sighs deeply, standing in the balcony of his apartment, eyes staring at the lights of seoul glistening below the night sky, brighter than the stars above.

it's been only a few hours since he came back after seeing aera and has already lost the ability to think of anything other than her. the way she cried, the way she was ready to fight everyone, the confession she made and most importantly how she looked exhausted. her eyes begged jungkook to understand and help her, which makes sense for all jungkook had ever said with complete honesty was that he would be there with his sister no matter what.

and he promises he's still on her side, yet feels his heart sinking for he knew too, that aera's far from being happy with this. she doesn't want the child obviously and jungkook wouldn't lie, that this pregnancy has only brought her enormous amount of emotional pain only so far despite it just being a few hours since the reports confirmed it.

raking a hand through his hair, he leans against the rail, too busy convincing himself that jimin's right, that aera's only scared right now and would eventually get the hang of it. however, his heart says otherwise, especially after she hugged him last. the last words she said to him and aera's tears. it all makes jungkook groan in frustration, cursing under his breath as his heart aches, screaming for him to go and talk to her one last time rather than making a decision for her.

"jungkook, are you okay?" sana's voice rings in his ears, but it doesn't budge him from loosening his grip on the rail, eyes glaring at the pretty skyline of the city. he stays firm, aera's voice never leaving him alone while his wife's does, wondering how she's okay with all this.

his head turns to the side for a brief moment, studying sana precisely, questioning within his head why she doesn't look as disturbed as him. does it not hurt her to see a girl in such a vulnerable solution? is she really thinking that aera will 'get over' it? the thoughts make jungkook sigh deeply and he pulls himself back, shaking his head as he sighs deeply before heading towards the front door.

"where are you going, kook? it's almost eleven—"

"i'll be out for a while," he mutters, grabbing the keys from the holder and puts on his shoes about to open the door when sana's hands wrap around his biceps again. jungkook heaves out an annoyed breath, pulling his arm gently and opens the door.

"jungkook, what's wrong? are you mad at me?"

jungkook's jaw ticks in anger, turning to face sana with a serious gaze, making her hesitate a little as she lets go of him, "what's wrong you ask? how long have you known me,  sana? how long have you known my sister?"

"wha— what are you saying?" she frowns in confusion and jungkook chuckles dryly, shaking his head, "i don't get you..."

"i don't get you either," he mutters, "how are you okay with all that happened today? i understand you're not that close to aera, you've known her for barely two months... but at least you're a woman too... pregnant even... don't you feel bad seeing my aera like that? it's okay if you don't, but i do. it's killing me, so please don't expect me to act like nothing happened," he states and sana looks down, not saying anything, "i feel like a jerk for even falling for your words, for hyung's words. really an asshole for not listening to my sister first,"

"it's not—"

"we should talk later, sana. i don't wanna argue with you," he sighs, stroking her cheek gently before he steps out of the door, blinking away his tears. his hand presses the button for the elevator a few times together at the end of the hallway.