- EIGHT

"𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃. 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋. 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄,

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔."

ೃ⁀➷

nezuko didn't have the brightest clue on what exactly happened the night almost everything in her life had been taken away

nezuko didn't have the brightest clue on what exactly happened the night almost everything in her life had been taken away. what she could thoroughly recall that had impacted her the most when mentioning about the incident was simply how her entire family was wiped out in a single scratch of atrociously long, and filthy nails.

those foul nails that had reached out for their foreheads and seemed to be inserting something she couldn't recognise as what, in a disgustingly large and unbearable amount. the more she tried to think, the more she feels that was the major cause for their deaths in the first place.

an exceeding and harmful amount of something that seemed fatal to begin with, had been forcefully inserted into their bodies in hopes of something that the culprit wishes to happen. the following question being, what did the culprit want to happen― and why their family exactly?

why bother travel with exceptional effort and time that could've been used for something else, to a small and barely noticeable home far in the peak of a tall and cold mountain? surely there was a reasoning behind it and clearly, a set motive as well.

but nezuko couldn't focus on figuring all of that during her supposedly final moments. she thought and she knew that she was dying, but while she had easily embraced and accepted that fact of reality― she felt slightly guilty.

with all of them gone, tanjiro would've been left all alone. they were each other's family, and there never have been another one of them to replace each other. her brother would have nobody by his side. he would grow and age without anyone to witness the prime of his golden life― and die without having anyone to hold his hand and cry for him.