Tour History📖

Stars On Ice was conceived in 1986 by Olympic champion Scott Hamilton and Robert D. Kain his manager. This was after Scott's contract was not renewed with Ice Capades.

Scott than, opened his five city American tour a few months later. It was the prototype for future Stars on Ice shows. It included both solo and group numbers. The original cast members were Scott Hamilton, Toller Cranston, and Rosalynn Sumners. Scott also served as co-producer alongside a crew of lighting designers, sound engineers, and choreographers.

That same year Kain suggested to name the show Stars on Ice. Dorothy Hamill and Robin Cousins joined the cast of skaters as guest stars for several shows. The tour eventually expanded to 30 cities. Stars on Ice has been the appropriate title for the show. This is due to co-headliners such as Jo Jo Starbuck, Ken Shelley, Brian Orser, Kurt Browning(the 2023 tour marks his final and 30th Stars on Ice tour), Paul Wylie, Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean, Kristi Yamaguchi, Ekaterina Gordeeva, Sergei Grinkov, Tara Lipinski, Katarina Witt, Ilia Kulik, Jamie Sale, David Pelletier, Elena Berezhnaya, Anton Sikharulidze, Alexei Yagudin, Sarah Hughes, Evan Lysacek, Xue Shen, and Hongbo Zhao among others. The tour played its 1,000th U.S. performance in March of 2008 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Stars on Ice also tours Canada, Japan, China, Korea, and Europe regularly.

Stars on Ice continues to be a unique ice show. This is because of the cast of skating's most prominent high profile stars. And a level of production that is second to none. The tour has won several awards including four Emmy Awards for choreography and costume design. They also won an ACE Cable Award for Best Sports Special.

Stars on Ice continues to be the world's premier ice show. They do this by offering the best championship skating. Each season, Stars strives to bring unique skating, music, and a visual experience to each and every audience all over the world.