(2) climate change is a real issue

She had magic in her eyes,

even the stars envied.

-perry poetry.

I SCREAMED, KICKING my legs and thrashing about, hoping the neighbours or God, someone would hear

I SCREAMED, KICKING my legs and thrashing about, hoping the neighbours or God, someone would hear. My head was upside down and moved side to side as we went upstairs to my room. He smelled like coconut- it smelt good...I wonder what he uses...

Stop.

Now is not the time.

"Bloody hell, Valentino, you sure we have to take her?" The blonde guy rolled his eyes.

Valentino shot him a murderous glare back. "Fucking thank you, Luca!"

I nearly snorted at their bickering when an idea popped into my head. It was just beginning to form, but just as quickly as it had come, it disappeared.

I was being irrational; think. I counted to ten in my head and took a deep breath. We were in my room now. "Wait!" I cried out as we headed towards the window, trying to stall.

"I need to get something!"

The guy holding me said nothing, his grip on me only tightening.

Deep breaths. Luca had lowered his gun, and all of them except Valentino's seemed to be tucked away in their pockets. Valentino was striding ahead of us, a good distance away from the group.

I swallowed down the anxiety of what I was about to do and wrapped my arms around the waist of the guy who was holding me tightly. Before he could react, I thrust my legs forward and around, building the momentum to somehow flip the guy who was also holding me into Luca.

His feet collided with his face and they both toppled down together.

I jumped around and sweeped my legs underneath one, aiming for his ankles while I thrusted his neck the other way. He didn't lose his balance but stumbled, and I used those few seconds of distraction to sprint to my door.

I was so close, so close, my fingers brushing the door handle when an arm wrapped tightly around my waist and a metal thing pressed coolly against the side of my head. I saw through the mirror the green-eyed man behind me, his coconut and smoky aroma filling the air once more.

It was a nice smell though, so I had to give him credit for that.

He leaned down next to my ear. "Nice attempt, but you're gonna have to try harder than that, bella." His hot breath fanned against my cold ear, and I felt goosebumps prickling the back of my neck. His accent was British but tinged with Italian.

My mother was also Italian, so I knew some of the language too.

"Bitch." Luca muttered, shooting a murderous glance my way. He grabbed a few tissues out of my tissue box and held them against his nose. The tissues filled with a deep red liquid in the space of a few seconds.