Chapter 3: The New Year's Eve Revelation

New Year's Eve was supposed to be a special night for Jake and Alex. They had made plans to spend the night together, just the two of them. Jake was looking forward to ringing in the new year with the person he loved.

But as the night went on, Alex seemed distracted. He kept checking his phone and fidgeting nervously. Jake tried to ignore it, but he couldn't help feeling like something was off.

As the countdown to midnight approached, Alex got up to use the restroom. Jake watched him walk away, feeling uneasy. He pulled out his phone and started scrolling through Instagram to distract himself.

That's when he saw it.

A picture of Alex with his ex-girlfriend, the model. But this time, there was something different. She was holding a baby bump, and the caption read "Can't wait to meet our little one in a few months!"
Jake's heart stopped. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Alex had been cheating on him with his ex-girlfriend, and now she was pregnant with his child.

He sat there in shock, trying to process what had just happened. When Alex returned, Jake didn't know what to say. He couldn't even look at him.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked, noticing the look on Jake's face.

Jake didn't say anything at first. He just handed Alex his phone and let him see the picture.

Alex's face went pale. He tried to explain, but Jake didn't want to hear it. He grabbed his coat and stormed out of the apartment.

Jake spent the rest of the night wandering the streets, trying to make sense of what had just happened. He couldn't believe that Alex had cheated on him, and with his ex-girlfriend no less.

The next few days were a blur. Jake didn't want to talk to anyone, not even his friends. He felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest.

As much as he loved Alex, he knew that he couldn't forgive him for what he had done. Their relationship was over, and there was no going back