Chapter 14

Elena sat in the kitchen with Ayana and Rebekah getting ready for her wedding day. Her wedding day. To Klaus Mikaelson. In the year 1001. Her mind spiraled as Rebekah intricately braided her hair and Ayana decorated her arms with runes for a prosperous life. She loved these two women and couldn't wait to be married to Klaus but she couldn't help but think of how things would've been in another life. She smiled thinking how Caroline would be micromanaging everything while Bonnie rolled her eyes and doted on her. Jenna and her mom would be giving her motherly advice while Ric and her father drank bourbon downstairs secretly slipping some to Jeremy. But that wasn't the reality. Her reality was sitting with two women that had taken her in as their own, marrying her soulmate and joining a family she truly loved through all the odds.

"You look absolutely gorgeous. Like a goddess." Rebekah smiled stepping back to look at her work.

She wore a white linen off the shoulder dress that was sexy and romantic and had daisies and forget me nots twisted into her long braids.

"Are you ready dear?" Ayana smiled kissing her forhead.

"Ive never been more ready. I might just sprint down the aisle." She laughed feeling the excitement sink in.

"Well let's- Niklaus that better not be you trying to sneak a peak again!" Rebekah yelled as she opened the door.

"Ansel." Rebekah smiled fondly. "Come to see the bride?"

"If she has a moment." He said nervously.

"I have many moments for you." Elena smiled coming into his view

"Wow." He smiled proudly spinning her with a whistle. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"I just wanted to wish you well before the ceremony started incase we don't get to speak much tonight."

"Actually i'm glad I didn't need to send someone searching for you I wanted to ask you something important."

"Ask away my dear."

"Would you- I mean I know it's short notice and everything - you don't have to say yes but-"

"Oh my god Elena get to it! The ceremony is waiting on you." Rebekah impatiently spat from the side.

"Sorry- I wanted to know if you would walk me down the aisle...as my father."

"It would be my honor kid."

Ayana smiled looking on at the pair hugging. She thought of how greatful she was to witness a girl who sacrificed everything for others finally get what she deserves.

"Ok ok let's go you two." Rebekah suddenly rushed them as she discreetly wiped her eyes. "Elena, Ansel. Ill see you out there." She nodded looking back before walking out to sit with the rest of the guests.

"Thank you Ayana."

"For what sweetheart?" She laughed before kissing her forehead.

"For taking me in, teaching me...and for always being a piece of home for me."

"I love you too baby. Now get down that aisle. Niklaus is starting to look nervous up in front of all those people."

Elena gripped onto Ansel's arm and took a deep breath as they walked out. She could remember how she imagined this day back in high school freshman year. Her dad walking her down the aisle with a big poofy princess wedding dress. Her mom and Jenna crying, alot. Caroline and Bonnie by her side as her bridesmaids. Jeremy sitting proud in the front aisle with a sweet girl on his arm. The face of her groom had always been faceless though. When her and Matt would talk about getting married she always knew it wouldn't be him. Even with Stefan she couldn't picture a wedding with him, always in the midst of a life or death situation. But this day; seeing Klaus' dimpled face grinning waiting for her at the end of the aisle...well it just felt like it was him all along.