Chapter 36-40

Chapter 36:

The Elder King had taken the 9th Prince as his disciple.

The 11th Imperial Prince, 19th Imperial Prince, 7th Prince, and 13th Princess were naturally very anxious. They had come all the way from the Great Qin Dynasty to the Taiyi Holy Land in hopes of getting the support of the Elder King. So, all of them wanted the Elder King to make a new choice.

However, when they thought of how the Elder King had sent the 3rd Imperial Prince and 2nd Prince of the Qiyao Realm flying with a wave of his sleeve, such unfathomable ability made them feel awe and respect. They did not dare to disobey the Elder King's wishes, afraid that they would end up like that.

In the end, they could only cup their fists and leave with forced smiles.

As they watched them leave, the hearts of the Taiyi Holy Lord and the others sank. They were ultimately still caught up in the internal struggle for the throne of the Great Qin Dynasty.

However, since it was the Elder King's choice, they respected it.

In the Taiyi Main Hall, the 8th Imperial Prince was very happy. Now that the Elder King had taken the 9th Prince as his disciple, the 9th Prince had the help of an Bahuang Realm Venerable. As such, he would have a huge advantage in the fight for the Crown Prince's position.

From a certain perspective, the 9th Prince had basically obtained the Crown Prince's position.

When the imperial family was considering the selection of a Crown Prince, they would definitely consider winning over a Venerable of the Bahuang Realm with the position.

"Feng'er, hurry up and greet your master," The 8th Imperial Prince hurriedly said to the 9th Prince.

The 9th Prince came back to his senses and was about to kneel to pay his respects, but Qin Chen sent out a wave of majestic divine power to stop him, "There's no need to kneel now. If you want to become my disciple, you still have to fulfill a few conditions."

Of course, these conditions were just made-up. Qin Chen didn't want his 9th brother to kneel to him. After all, if his 9th brother knew about this in the future, he would definitely beat him out of embarrassment.

The 8th Imperial Prince naturally understood the Venerable's temperament. Even if the 9th Prince was extremely talented and had entered the Qiyao Realm before the age of 100, which made him even more talented than the 2nd and 7th Princes, he still needed to be tested.

Of course, the 8th Imperial Prince was very confident that the 9th Prince would be able to overcome this challenge and become the Elder King's disciple.

Qin Chen didn't tell the 9th Prince the conditions right away. Instead, he had him stay in the Taiyi Holy Land for a while.

The 9th Prince stayed, while the 8th Imperial Prince only stayed for a few days before leaving because he still had important matters to attend to in the Great Qin Dynasty. After that, he bade farewell and left with the rest of the royal family.

On a cliff, Qin Chen watched as the 8th Imperial Prince's figure disappeared completely. Then, he let out a long breath, "That old man is finally willing to leave."

The 9th Prince looked at the Elder King in shock. He didn't expect the respected Elder King to speak so rudely.

"Now that the old man is gone, I can finally stop pretending. 9th brother, let's drink together," Qin Chen turned to the 9th Prince and smiled.

"9th brother?" The 9th Prince was stunned. He looked at Elder King in shock, "You, you're my 17th brother!?"

"Oh, I forgot to remove my disguise," Only then did Qin Chen remember. With a wave of his hand, the clear light of the path law that enveloped his body dissipated and he returned to his true form, revealing his handsome figure.