Preparation Of War

Days have passed since the reunion of the Haddock family. When Valka was informed about all the events that had happened between Hiccup and Stoick before they reunited, she almost had a heart attack. Needless to say, both Stoick and Hiccup had an earful from Valka.

Soon, the Dragons from Valka's sanctuary, along with the Bewilderbeast had also moved into Berk. The giant had created an ice structure, allowing the absurdly large number of Dragons to comfortably reside along with the Vikings. And Berk has never been more prosperous before. Hiccup had not only made the village more efficient by utilising the Dragons, he also had established multiple trading relations with some of his allied tribes, which contributed to improve Berk's economy. He also utilised many of his successful inventions he had created during his runaway years to improve Berk's infrastructure.

Seeing Hiccup's prowess and skillets and how handled the tribe, the residents of Berk had soon begun to admire the Dragon rider, with many, including the Berk's elders and council members, considering him to be the best person to lead Berk after Stoick steps down from his position as chief.

In the present day, Hiccup was working in the forge with a smile on his face. All his hard work has paid off. And now, there is peace. Sure there were still some ruckus here and there, but it was nothing they couldn't handle.

"HICCUP! HICCUP!"

Hiccup looked from his work and saw Snotlout sprinting towards him.

"Hiccup, you gotta come with me right now. Something has happened." Snotlout said, while panting.

Sensing the urgency and seeing Snotlout in such a frantic state, Hiccup didn't question anything and instead followed his cousin to the Dock. Once reaching there, Hiccup could see a crowd had formed on the Dock. Both Vikings and Dragons were present in the crowd. Whispers and murmurs could be heard, as if something ominous had happened.

"Oh, gods."

"What kind of monster could have done such a thing?"

"It's horrible."

Hiccup pushed his way through the crowd to see what they were looking at and when he stepped out of the crowed, Hiccup felt his heart skip a beat and his breath hitch.

There, on a boat stranded on the Dock, laid the mutilated corpse of a Nadder. Hiccup gasped seeing the wonds on the body. Then he went forward. His body shook with with every step he took as an irre feeling formed in the pit of his stomach, as if an old nightmare has come back to terrorise him once again.

He jumped in the boat and examined this body. The Nadder had been recently killed,and judging from the wounds, its death had been a painful one. His hand trembled as he touched the corpse, and then he noticed something.

On the body of the Nadder, a symbol has been burnt on the poor beast. Hiccup's eyes widened as he say the symbol as memories of past rushed back in his mind. There were some words carved on the skin under the symbol. 'Nowhere to run anymore' those words read.

Hiccup staggered back when he read those words.

"Hiccup?"

Hiccup looked back and saw his parents, Astrid and rest of his friends had also gathered in the docs. All of them were concerned as they looked at Hiccup.

Hiccup's lips trembled as he tried to say something. And then, he finally spoke,"He's coming."

...

"Hiccup, son!" Stoick called out as he and Valka tried to keep up with Hiccup.

They were heading toward the great hall after Hiccup told them meet him there. On their way here, Hiccup had sent Eret on some errand, and also talked with Thuggory and Camicazi about something before sending them away too.