The Witch's Guilt

Chapter 21
The Witch's Guilt

In a desolate despondent landscape, full of hopelessness and frustration, a blinding light manifested itself on the battlefield, two titans fought relentlessly, the roar of battle intensified every second, auras of Light and Darkness clashed against each other. The Demon Lord and the Herald of the Gods were still immersed in the conflict. The fight had surpassed everything, the collision of powers between these two eradicated the existence of life in this world.

The bodies of both were deteriorating due to the excess of power they emanated, however, neither would yield to anything. With the sole purpose of revenge in their minds, both had already lost all hope. Near the battle, a soul in pain cried out to them without being able to make itself heard, in this case it was a spirit.

"THAT'S ENOUGH, YOU HAVE TO STOP!!!! - shouted Nérida, the spirit pillar of Water, while holding in her arms the bloodied body of the one she once called granddaughter. The words came out, but they reached deaf ears, nothing mattered anymore to those two. Ashes furrowed in the wind that exerted the attacks of the opponents, ashes from the bodies of those who once both called Allies.

"Grandmother Nérida... What's going on?" - Azusa questioned but upon realizing that her grandmother was carrying her lifeless body she shuddered.

"What?" she questioned in astonishment as she saw her body in front of her. As the battle raged on.

"Honey... Why did you do it?" - Nérida questioned in tears as she lightly wiped the face of her granddaughter's body with her hand. That was when Azusa began to remember.

The battle had intensified, after Rimuru was corrupted by those souls he had become more erratic, at last, the Demon King had buckled and in an attempt to embed his sword back into the heart of the herald of the Gods he intensified his attacks. As his attacks grew stronger, Touya's fatigue was evident.

Rimuru, with his abysmal power, used part of his energy to attack Touya as well as create two clones of himself to prevent Azusa from interfering in the battle. Touya, the God Heir could barely block the Demon Lord's attacks, His exhaustion was becoming more evident as the conflict continued.

"You are the embodiment of all evil, Tempest, your aggressions against all worlds must stop!!!" - Touya pointed out as he blocked her attacks.

"And you're just a stupid person standing in my way, you're just an annoying worm that I will crush!!!" shouted Rimuru in fury as he charged his sword with demonic magic.

"That's enough...stop it both of you!!!" - Azusa pointed out crying, as she could feel the hatred, anger and rage emanating from both of them. She was desperately trying to outwit Rimuru's clones to no avail.

"Stop please!!!!...this doesn't have to end this way!!!" - Azusa shouted at both of them to no avail as she desperately struggled to outwit Rimuru's clones.

"I will pierce your heart with my sword... I will erase your soul from existence itself" - Rimuru shouted furiously, as he channeled more power into his sword.

The conflict was reaching a key point. Rimuru, with his demonic sword at the ready, launched himself at the herald of the Gods, for his part, Touya being exhausted by the battle, used Light magic emanating from his hands to blind his opponent.

A flash temporarily mowed down the area, even so, the Demon Lord did not hesitate and directed all his fury and strength against the Heir of God. For a moment Touya resigned himself to his fate, for his strength had reached its limit, he used all the little divinity he had left in that blinding attack.

"I know I'm done, this is all I can do" - stammered Touya in a low voice, Azusa could feel how that demonic power was just a few centimeters away from Touya's body. It all seemed over for the Heir of God if it wasn't for the determination of Azusa, the immortal witch, who in a second that Rimuru had lost concentration outwitted the clones and rushed towards where Touya was.
Azusa had used a divine ability to get in front of Touya and place herself between the two to stop them, however, the Demon Lord blinded by the rage that was overpowering him did not notice until it was too late.